Southwest Pilots Aggressively Push Age 65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
furloughed dude said:
And yeah, I retired from the guard with 22 years.

I Guessed that one right.:rolleyes:

Bake said:
So that's what your wife calls it......

That's freekin funny man. :laugh:

The age 60 rule was a creation of management to dump senior (higher paid) pilots out of the system. There was no internet whining about "it's not what we signed up for" [pardon the preposition at the end] [oh no internet so where was the whining?] There have been more "young buck" accidents caused by excessive testosterone and reduced mature brain function [read judgement] than the "old f*rt syndrome" you seem to be afraid of. [drat that old preoposition again.] Write your congressperson and the wheels of governement will churn.

SWA/FO said:
At least I fly in the USA. You had to go to the middle east to get a job, that nobody wanted anyway. Your profile says you're "guard bum" what you guarding?...... all your cash in your DB pension? What you an FE or what? Jealous we get to fly airplanes or what?

SWA/FO: What are YOU guarding? Mr. "negative military". I can't believe the crap you and Canyonblue are writing one here in these last few posts. Raising he!! with a furlough about a possible lost pension? It's a whole new low in airline blasphemy. This is usually when a SWA lurker jumps in and asks you to cool it.

Cobra said:
One thing I never see mentioned is that if the "gubment" changed the age from 60 to 65 it would set a precedent for other workers to have their age limit removed as well. Does anybody realize that there are many civil service jobs where an employee must retire by their 57th birthday?

Personally, I am not for the age change whatsoever. However, it is BS that a guy cannot reap SS benefits from age 60 and beyond.

ALPA's membership has spoken, the largest group by far in the industry. It is not in favor of changing the age to 65... Soooo, all you gentlemen who expressed your opinion in disfavor of an age change I would suggest that you express your opinion a little louder to your various congressmen. The squeakiest wheel gets the grease, and the squeaking is not emanating from the majority voice.

They also have civil service pensions!

SWA/FO: What are YOU guarding? Mr. "negative military". I can't believe the crap you and Canyonblue are writing one here in these last few posts. Raising he!! with a furlough about a possible lost pension? It's a whole new low in airline blasphemy. This is usually when a SWA lurker jumps in and asks you to cool it.

I'm guarding PROFITS, Baby! Maybe I should have typed in my profile "Positive Civilian".. does that sound better? Didn't you know its furlough season, we be picking on furloughed guys, its so much fun. Where did you get this idea?

Your game is weak and so is your profile :laugh: .

SWA/FO, you are like a monkey throwing shiitte, funny to watch, but somebodys got to clean that up...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back