Southwest off the runway at MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RP 04 said:
Pretty sure you are right, but aren't you guys also required to only use available runway distance, and not gas stations, intersections, etc..
Yeah, now you're just being a dick.

Well, looking out my window, I see about 10 inches of snow on the roof of my truck (downtown Chicago) that has gathered in only the past 6 hours, so I guess that might have something to do with it.

Then again, Southwest does have a knack for sending 'em through the fence...

Quick question....

First of all glad to hear all from the plane are out safely and most on the ground are ok.

When an incident like this, at a smaller airport like MDW occurs, what happens to all the planes in the stack? Are they sent into a holding pattern by ATC, diverted to other aiports, etc? I assume MDW is closed for the time being. Would ORD and Milwaukee and Detroit be likely diversion airports?

Thanks. I know it is minor question, just curious.

Did the Lawyers show up yet? Did they at least wait for the plane to come to a full stop before sueing?

tlax25 said:
First of all glad to hear all from the plane are out safely and most on the ground are ok.

When an incident like this, at a smaller airport like MDW occurs, what happens to all the planes in the stack? Are they sent into a holding pattern by ATC, diverted to other aiports, etc? I assume MDW is closed for the time being. Would ORD and Milwaukee and Detroit be likely diversion airports?

Thanks. I know it is minor question, just curious.

Just talked to a friend of mine who is working tonight. She was on her way to MDW from BNA right about the time this happened. They turned around and went back to BNA.

55th and Central isn't that the approach end of 13C NW part of the field?? If so they landed 31C winds were 160/05

I have no respect for any of these cheap shots by a bunch of dicks! :angryfire
Hopefully, nobody is/was hurt. None of us know what happened.

Last edited:
Do any of you guys have more than just basic cable?Whats happen has happened it's over and you really won't learn much before morning.Some good Bball and movies on tonight.

Latest resources

Back