Southwest off the runway at MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly2Scuba said:
Someone who uses digler sized member as their status is probably trying to hide the opposite, especially after using "pin dik weasels" to go after others. Look dude, you probably work for SWA and I'm sorry this accident happened, period. Sucks, could have been much worse and again most of the "innapropriate" comments were made during the time period when it seemed like the extent of the human damage was minimal. So if I pissed you off or offended you besides the first sentence of this post, sorry. SWA has the most outgoing fun easy going crews I've ever met, so please don't lose your coolness by getting all outraged now and bitter from stuff you read on flightinfo.

Shake the tree, and look what falls out. I am fun and easy going, but I will stand up when necessary. Tell you what, let the moderators give me your personal info, and I will retract my statements.

Flight Info: The wadded panty Capital of the World........

mdf said:
Shake the tree, and look what falls out. I am fun and easy going, but I will stand up when necessary. Tell you what, let the moderators give me your personal info, and I will retract my statements.

Are you looking to threaten me and my family? I already apologized for my inadvertant small joke about the situation and on behalf of some of the other poorly timed comments made by others. Now, you are presenting yourself as a mentally unstable individual trying to take it to another level and that's way of line. You are hiding behind a handle as much as anyone else so don't be a jerk about it. That's not cool.

Fly2Scuba said:
Are you looking to threaten me and my family? I already apologized for my inadvertant small joke about the situation and on behalf of some of the other poorly timed comments made by others. Now, you are presenting yourself as a mentally unstable individual trying to take it to another level and that's way of line. You are hiding behind a handle as much as anyone else so don't be a jerk about it. That's not cool.
i think you have mdf's meaning wrong and i also think everyone on the list
who poked fun at SWA would now retract their posts.
As a pilot who has made a few decisions that i would like to have back and
someone who was involved in a co-workers death on the job, i would ask
all to put yourselves in the other guy's shoes...think before you post.
(see the moderator's post UAL78) for one of the best in this thread.

It's ok for letterman/leno to crack jokes about 9-11/tsunamis and other events, but it's not ok for us to joke about SWA's accident (which was all posted before we found out a 6 year old child died)? Give me friggin break!!!

RP 04 said:
It's ok for letterman/leno to crack jokes about 9-11/tsunamis and other events, but it's not ok for us to joke about SWA's accident (which was all posted before we found out a 6 year old child died)? Give me friggin break!!!

Lettermman and Leno are funny you are not.

RP 04 said:
Here is the difference RP 04,
Letterman and Leno get paid to make jokes, you get paid to fly planes,
try telling a joke about a 6 year old getting killed on a plane while your
standing at the cockpit door....."professional" pilot mean anything to you?

So, no kid dies, this accident is funny? For you "jokesters" out there, TRY to get an interview at SWA and make a joke out of this, come back on flightinfo and let us know how funny they think it is.
Car accidents, airplane accidents, and people getting hurt, now that is hilarious!! Now that's the holiday spirit - taking pleasure in another person's misfortunes. I'll make sure to watch Leno tonight and see what SWA jokes he has penned. My guess is none.

Remington said:
So, no kid dies, this accident is funny? For you "jokesters" out there, TRY to get an interview at SWA and make a joke out of this, come back on flightinfo and let us know how funny they think it is.
Car accidents, airplane accidents, and people getting hurt, now that is hilarious!! Now that's the holiday spirit - taking pleasure in another person's misfortunes. I'll make sure to watch Leno tonight and see what SWA jokes he has penned. My guess is none.

You missed the point RP 04 made. The jokes were made prior to learning of the fatality (didn't look serious initially), so don't get to worked up. If no fatality, then yes Leno would have made some jokes, especially since the other famous overrun was in Burbank. Now its tragic, so apologies are in order. God bless the kid and hope the family finds strength in faith. Now, chill out and fly safe.

The next time anyone lands on a contaminated runway and you feel it is not what they are calling it, report it as NILL. Enough of this crap.

Latest resources

Back