• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest New Hire/Airtran questions for Southwest guys/gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Um, yeah, this side of the partition is packed full of right-wing extremists who love to lecture a captive audience, but I don't think that's Ty's bag. I'm sure he's a right winger like most pilots, but he doesn't seem to drone on and on about it.

Um, yeah, this side of the partition is packed full of right-wing extremists who love to lecture a captive audience

Um, yeah and one left wing extremist who takes pride in insulting the pilots he is paid to represent.
Lowest of the low but typical for a liberal ALPA lover. No class.

Um, yeah and one left wing extremist who takes pride in insulting the pilots he is paid to represent.
Lowest of the low but typical for a liberal ALPA lover. No class.

They aren't really insults. Just accurate descriptions.

Well, for what it's worth, I have the luxury of flying for an airline that it is very rare to know what the politics of who you are flying with are. Really, I could care less. As nutty as people on the far right Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh side of the equation are, the far left can be almost as bad. Politics simply almost never come up in the cockpit. That's the way it should be.
Anyone who equates ALPA with "left wing" is simply a less worldly, somewhat ignorant (not in an insulting way, but simply have a very narrow perspective on the world) person who can't see that the airline pilot profession is what it is because of ALPA. Whether you are SWAPA, APA or even non union, if not for ALPA we would all be compensated much less.

Latest resources

Back