• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What you guys don't see on these web boards is that Gary, Mike and Herb are running a business. A very profitable business. They are very good at what they do. Trust me, culture is extremely inportant here, but being profitable and successful is right up there too. Herb has seen and done it all. This management knows the game VERY well. I have no doubt they know what's gonna happen before you or I know. Don't misjudge this company. one way or another, they will get what they need.......

[QUOTE
URLHere's the part that sickens me the most. Herb Kelleher and Colleen Barrett pay a little visit and they themselves threaten our MC with potential nonintegration if we don't accept the new schit sandwich that is laying infront of our MC. That part to me is so incredibly sad and disappointing. The two people who helped create the "Culture" are now threatening our MC. Flabbergasted folks. Simply flabbergasted.
[/QUOTE]

Someone has not been reading their history. When Herb shows up, it's over. He has the unique authority to do or say whatever the hell he wants and even GK and the rest of the Company BOD has to sit back and just agree and nod. Now, realize that I too (as a SWA guy) was pretty excited when the acquisition was announced. I thought (still think) that we can kick ass as a combined group. Also realize that most of the negotiations have been conducted by SWA-not SWAPA. We had pretty much resigned ourselves to arby too. With the exception of a few very vocal and un-professional SWA posters, NONE of us wish our future brothers-in-arms any ill will- at all.
That being said, I believe Herb and Co. is "teaching you and ALPA a lesson" that we SWA pilots have known for a long time. That is that subsequent offers will always be worse. Also, I can't help be think that SWA is setting the stage for future acquisitions. Are you listening B6?

However this shakes out please treat us with respect and I will do the same. At the end of the day I want to feed my family and enjoy coming to work...that's it.

carl, you have no fear that once this ass pain of a deal is complete, you will be in the family and we will protect you just like everyone else. We fight hard, we play harder.

Carl, old man, etc. All of you at airtran. Even if you don't want to be at swa. Welcome, coffee and beers flow freely. Seriously, welcome.

Looking forward to working at SWA and discussing "which boat is right for me, whether it is better to summer in the Hamptons or French Riviera, Yachting, how many houses is too many, Why the crash pad butler is such a poor cook, etc..."

bro, wake up. You are gonna be an airline pilot, albeit SWA. A new-hire one at that, if you get hired that is. You ain't a hedge fund manager or venture capitalist. Because if you were, you wouldn't be sending resumes to airlines, in order to work every Christmas for the first 6-10 years...instead you would be riding in the back of your G-V to Nevis on Christmas.

readjust yourself to summer at Sea World or Six Flags and keeping momma off Amazon. Boats, Yachts? WTF over. try renting a pontoon boat via mil discount at the local base Rec Club.

this is 2011. Not 1985. If you were enjoyed ??? 10 stock splits, huge stock gains (on those splits), etc etc, ok, yacht, maybe a ski boat. But dude this is 2011. I argue nobody hired 2011 forward at any airline will see the golden years of financial rewards of yesteryear. Sorry. Jumbo jets to Europe for 15 day layover, and banging young hot stews, while earning 200K, etc etc ad nauseum ? Nah dude, those days are gone.

by the way, you can pile the kids and wife into Hilton at crew rate, they have one close to Sea World SAT. That fat SWA check will help cover the $25 dollar Shamu Burgers at the cafe in the park and $7 cotton candy for junior. Airfare shouldn't be a problem, your base will be Oakland and the family can travel to SAT from Oakland via SWA. How many legs is that ? I don't know, maybe your future butler/conceirge service can tell you. Should be fun tho. Just tie the pit bull up outside your house in Oakland so all your sh1t don't get stolen while you are "summering".

obviously another Kit Darby subscriber....

(try Dave Ramsey next time)

Enjoy your summer. Keep that turbine PIC coming....don't let anyone keep you from your dream ! Remember, positive imagery. Imagine that interview call. Practice. Repeat.

prayer also makes people feel good, you can try that too...

Last edited:
This management knows the game VERY well. I have no doubt they know what's gonna happen before you or I know. Don't misjudge this company. one way or another, they will get what they need.......

That's what is so hilarious about the Jr. SWA f/os here who profess to know the mind of the God King and his minions.

They really think he cares who inhabits the bottom of the seniority list. As long as the metal moves, he doesn't give a crap who is pulling the gear.

What Andy said is not true,the vast majority was ignored. The vast majority wanted to vote we did not want the mec to kill the deal,now we get this one which is not as good.Oh well. We will vote this in and Im looking forward to the job at swa and not looking in the rearview mirror wondering how much I lost on AIP1. See ya around the patch.

Last edited:
If that's true, then obviously, the "vast majority" forgot to communicate with their MEC reps.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back