• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whackmaster at APC posted something. Take it for what it's worth.
http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/major/61661-airtran-southwest-aip-nutshell-12.html

Good luck to all.

The new and even worse deal now features a STAPLE of only 450 F/Os instead of the previous 650 (we currently have 1737 pilots), but now approximately 350 Cptns. are supposed to downgrade so 350 of their F/Os can upgrade. This will create 700 training cycles for which the money is supposed to come from delaying the AAI pilots transition to the SWA payscale.

Also, this new piece of crap that they're trying to force down our throats features no fences in ATL (AIP1 had a 10 yr fence), no first right to reupgrade for downgraded AAI Cptns. (so now when we lose our seats, instead of being able to upgrade as soon as the company starts upgrades again, we'll be forced to try and upgrade with our GREATLY erroded seniority numbers). There are also other protections that were erased from the "offer" compared to AIP1.

Damn.

Good luck boys.

"THE REASON OUR MEC KILLED IT OVERWHELMINGLY WAS BECAUSE THE VAST MAJORITY OF OUR PILOTS WERE AGAINST IT AND DEMANDED IT KILLED IMMEDIATELY. Did you get that SWA pilots? OUR MEC WAS DOING WHAT THE MEMBERSHIP WAS ASKING IT TO DO! Amazing, the Reps listening to the people they represent. What a concept"

It's called negotiating for a reason. Where is this guy getting his info because SWAPA is locked up tighter than a 16 y/o virgin. My reps are specifically saying "some guys will do better and some guys will do worse" so I don't know what to think yet.

Gup

The rumor mill is buzzing from Dallas.

It looks like we might get absolutely crushed.

The debate and banter has been fun for the last couple of months. It looks like it will be over soon.

I would just like to request that you take it easy on the gloating. Joke at work (with the mike off) etc... Try not to rub it in our faces. Most of our pilot group and the NC "got it" all along. A small group of us didn't.

Enjoy the win. Looking forward to working at SWA and discussing "which boat is right for me, whether it is better to summer in the Hamptons or French Riviera, Yachting, how many houses is too many, Why the crash pad butler is such a poor cook, etc..."[/

+1

The Morris guys were mad as heck too. Lots of hurt feelings, feeling unLUVed ect. You talk to them now and they are quite happy with the outcome. Also, you all are getting to vote and that is what SWA has wanted all along. They want to see the numbers (pass or fail) from the boys/girls in the trenches. If it passes at 51% then they have have done a great job.

The fact Herb and Colleen showed up means the LUV is quite alive. Their devotion is to the 6,000 pilots that made SWA what it is, not the Valujet militants. Hence, protecting our culture. The same will be extended to you once or if you become SWA pilots.

Is the leaker a person who is intentionally trying to shake the bottle before we get to open it.

Not 1 thing has been said officially and already I got mulitple texts saying H no vote this POS down. Just give the Taliban a message board and it will rot them from the inside out.

I hope when SW goes to negotiate buying a car, the DMV pushes the sales rep out of the way and says take that car at that price or we take away your liscense.

For those at JB, be glad you did not get alpa. Nothing they write is no longer worth anything now that every CEO knows how to play the game. "Take it or Get Lost".

Latest resources

Back