• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To me it seems one of the problems is the blur between culture and negotiations. We understand the need to preserve the culture at SWA, but the intimidation and strong arming being used to obtain an agreement are unsettling to say the least. What can and will be done to alleviate these feelings when everything is said and done? I want to see the culture preserved as much as anyone, but the methods being used by SW management will make adopting these values difficult for many to swallow. I hope this makes sense to many of you.

To me it seems one of the problems is the blur between culture and negotiations. We understand the need to preserve the culture at SWA, but the intimidation and strong arming being used to obtain an agreement are unsettling to say the least. What can and will be done to alleviate these feelings when everything is said and done? I want to see the culture preserved as much as anyone, but the methods being used by SW management will make adopting these values difficult for many to swallow. I hope this makes sense to many of you.

Wouldn't you use the same tactics if you had them available? It is a war being fought by both sides. You use whatever is available to win.

What Andy said is not true,the vast majority was ignored. The vast majority wanted to vote we did not want the mec to kill the deal,now we get this one which is not as good.Oh well. We will vote this in and Im looking forward to the job at swa and not looking in the rearview mirror wondering how much I lost on AIP1. See ya around the patch.

I don't know which Andy you're talking about but I have been clear from the beginning that I thought that the MEC should have pushed AIP1 to the full membership for a vote.
I realize that a vocal minority can make it seem like they are the majority. Had the majority of the membership voted down AIP1, that would have been much more favorable than not allowing everyone, including those silent members, to vote.

Southwest doesn't want another USAir. Also, the SWAPA contract is very good, so good Gary can't do anything (conect dots, paint airlines, advertise etc.) until you guys are on our list.

Carl P some of the blame lies with A L P A. You are going to like it here and have a hell of a career.

I am not pissed at ALPA I am pissed at 7 people who are messing with my future and don't seem to listen very well. I hope they listen this time because this is it boys and girls.

Are worthless MEC can talk majority all they want. Put this thing out for a vote and we will find out what the majority want!

Are worthless MEC can talk majority all they want. Put this thing out for a vote and we will find out what the majority want!

There was a post that said the MEC was following the wish of the membership by voting down the first offer. Do you disagree with that?

It is a war being fought by both sides. You use whatever is available to win.

That's the problem. Its NOT a war. Its a seniority list integration. No one HAS to win or lose. If you implement a fair integration that respects everyone's seniority, you will have a much happier workplace in the end.

DAL/NWA comes to mind. When one group doesn't attempt to advance themselves at the cost of the other, its a lot easier to get things done.

Unfortunately, the entitlement attitude of SWA pilots (that shines through here in spades) makes that impossible.

Well it's going to be voted on now, as it should have the first time. We had a very and I mean very vocal minority that got us into this mess.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back