• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest breaks ground

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am pretty sure Airtran was looking at an asset sale with ATA. No planes or pilots. That was how it was explained to me. As far a Midwest Airtran was going to take on a pilot group where a huge portion of their planes were going away (MD80), they had a group with much longer longevity, and our union would not have fought for the best possible integration for our pilots? BS That companies position was so bad they could not get a reasonable merger with republic.

You know, I can't tell if you REALLY just don't get how the world (and this situation) works, or if you're just jacking with me because you don't like the actual reality. Suppose you tell me which.

Bubba

Bubba: You're a good dude. You're not right and you're spoiled rotten by the SWA gravy train, but you're a good dude. Let's put this argument about how the world works on hold until you take the corndog out into it, ok? Other countries are not like Texas my friend.

We were fighting for every number Luv2B. Would you expect anything less?

And on the flip side, you weren't? Give me a break, your attempt as some flame is clearly BS. Nice try though.

We were striving for fair and equitable, not a home run. Fighting "for every number" is clearly looking for a windfall. I'm one of the numbers you were fighting for. Eventually, I'll be forced to be on your team, I won't forget you "were fighting for every number". Very short-sighted.

I am pretty sure Airtran was looking at an asset sale with ATA. No planes or pilots. That was how it was explained to me. As far a Midwest Airtran was going to take on a pilot group where a huge portion of their planes were going away (MD80), they had a group with much longer longevity, and our union would not have fought for the best possible integration for our pilots? BS That companies position was so bad they could not get a reasonable merger with republic.

AFA ATA, had the pilot group had a say, it wouldn't have been a straight staple.

Concerning Midwest, we were in talks prior to TPG and further, Republic, I don't know that the 80's would be going away that quickly. We weren't afraid of operating more than one type of aircraft.

We were striving for fair and equitable, not a home run. Fighting "for every number" is clearly looking for a windfall. I'm one of the numbers you were fighting for. Eventually, I'll be forced to be on your team, I won't forget you "were fighting for every number". Very short-sighted.

So you thought AirTran and Southwest jobs were equal? So you want 'fair and equitable' because they were equal? I don't think so. Sorry.

You would have taken a seniority homerun if you could have gotten it, then on the backside...known that you would have almost doubled your income along with the best stability in the industry. But I guess it never was about the money or stability, right? Until it was about money and stability.

Fighting for every number is not a windfall Luv. Sorry. You strive for the best knowing you'll get something less than that. Just like any negotiations.

PS- and when you're on our team, we'd gladly fight for your number in the next acquisition. Because there will probably be one more in the SW future.

Really? We were going to keep md80s, because we were not afraid, when fuel hit 140 a barrel? That combination would have killed AirTran. We barely survived without paying twice too much than Midwest was actually worth. We would be bankrupt watching southwest buy our assets. I know people have worked at AirTran for a while, but did they actually pay attention to what was going on?

Last edited:
I think we were all expecting arbitration (I personally expected an arbitor to fence ATL, and protect AAI CP seats, also ratio in the AAI pilots, starting at the top at 1 to 4). I was surprised that mgmt stepped in, and given my expectations, relieved they did...Every pilot at SWA started at the bottom, this deal was the first under the M-B era.. there had never been another similar integration in the SWA pilots collective memory...

Yep

Thats what I keep saying you wanted. Every time you deny it.

Your showing your true colors .

I've never denied that I wanted relative. I would have fought tooth and nail for it, and proposed it to the arbitrator if I were on the MC. No doubt about it.

But what I've denied is that our MC did that. The MC and I disagreed greatly on many points. This is one of them. The MC never proposed relative. Not once. Not even at the beginning.

I think we were all expecting arbitration (I personally expected an arbitor to fence ATL, and protect AAI CP seats, also ratio in the AAI pilots, starting at the top at 1 to 4). I was surprised that mgmt stepped in, and given my expectations, relieved they did...Every pilot at SWA started at the bottom, this deal was the first under the M-B era.. there had never been another similar integration in the SWA pilots collective memory...

If SWA decided to get a larger aircraft then it should be open to all in ATL.

Latest resources

Back