• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest breaks ground

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ron the answer given to that by Sr. Mgt. was that it is taking that long to modify it to be compatible and interface with WNs back office software. The good news is this project I being done by real professional outside contractors instead of WN IT so it may actually work and be on time.
Funny, I heard those contractors walked when confronted with cutting edge 80's technology, and the internal IT group is patching things together again, that's why its taking so long.

SWA is 3 yrs deep..Into the future! Why isn't Amadeus functional at this point??

You sound like a passenger livid about why we can't land in a blizzard -
It's 2013 for christ's sake!

Or maybe it's not a simple as we think

Disappointed. When I read the title to this thread, I thought it referred to the KLGA accident.

A day late and a dollar short my friend. ^^^^^

Damn. I suppose I should have read the thread. I was afraid it was going to be full of posts by Flopgut, weeping over the destruction of the fair city of Houston.

Nobody loves Houston like United and Flopgut. Nobody.

Last edited:
Haha. Flop definitely loves it more than Jeff Smisek. He could give a sh!t.

Every day that goes by is one more closer to the day SWA gets a bad CEO

BTW: Houston's mayors office and the Houston airport authority have turned 180 degrees from their screw CAL mantra. I don't know what's changed their minds, but they did get the message. Your new terminal needs to produce the numbers you promised. Even if it takes getting other airlines in there, HAS will do it. I think they realize they are going to have to save face and that the celebration you enjoyed at CAL's expense better not prove to have been premature. Again those numbers are 10000 jobs, 1.6 billion boost to Houston's economy and $130 airfare to BOG. You don't need to worry about UAL, just focus on making Houston happy. You have 4 gates, good luck.

Every day that goes by is one more closer to the day SWA gets a bad CEO.

like Jeffey ?

Again those numbers are 10000 jobs, 1.6 billion boost to Houston's economy and $130 airfare to BOG. You don't need to worry about UAL, just focus on making Houston happy. You have 4 gates, good luck.

Regarding those job numbers - Should we subtract the people Jeffey fired when he had a tamper tantrum, after the city gave SWA approval ?

Kisses.

Every day that goes by is one more closer to the day SWA gets a bad CEO.

Unlikely. As much as GK is disliked, he is still a SWA blooded man, the next CEO will also be from those roots.

BTW: Houston's mayors office and the Houston airport authority have turned 180 degrees from their screw CAL mantra.

Did I miss where UCAL was going to bring all those jobs they removed from Houston when they originally said they wouldn't?

know what's changed their minds, but they did get the message. Your new terminal needs to produce the numbers you promised.

Numbers WE promised, in a terminal WE built and paid for, or else what?

Even if it takes getting other airlines in there, HAS will do it.

No problem, they can use the agreed to one gate, OR build their own ********************ing terminal just like SWA did.

I think they realize they are going to have to save face and that the celebration you enjoyed at CAL's expense better not prove to have been premature. Again those numbers are 10000 jobs, 1.6 billion boost to Houston's economy and $130 airfare to BOG. You don't need to worry about UAL, just focus on making Houston happy. You have 4 gates, good luck.

Actually five gates if we want, read the agreement.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back