• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I'm trying to say is that you guys run around with this pompus attutide and some of us don't like it. You show it a lot on this website. You are disgustingly proud of "knocking down" major carriers. Just remember who shells out the dollars to pay for and who built the system you fly in now. The hard work and money comes off the backs of the Legacy employees, not SWA employees. You guys just help to fill in the gaps. People seem to forget that before Sept. 11 no one showed up for class at SWA. It only looks like a better job now because of comparison. Just remember that while you can point and laugh now, you might need some of us to help you later.

The_Russian said:
People seem to forget that before Sept. 11 no one showed up for class at SWA.

Absolutely right! It was amazing we were ever able to fill a class prior to Sept. 11. :rolleyes:

The_Russian said:
All I'm trying to say is that you guys run around with this pompus attutide and some of us don't like it. You show it a lot on this website. You are disgustingly proud of "knocking down" major carriers. Just remember who shells out the dollars to pay for and who built the system you fly in now. The hard work and money comes off the backs of the Legacy employees, not SWA employees. You guys just help to fill in the gaps. People seem to forget that before Sept. 11 no one showed up for class at SWA. It only looks like a better job now because of comparison. Just remember that while you can point and laugh now, you might need some of us to help you later.

:laugh: :laugh: :bawling: :laugh:

I'm laughing so hard - I've got tears in my eyes!!

The hard work and money comes off the backs of the Legacy employees, not SWA employees.

I've heard it over and over again... we at Southwest "work to hard and fly to much" compared to others. Now you claim these same folks (that fly less then us) actually are working harder then us? I'm confused.

Last edited:
I've heard it over and over again... we at Southwest "work to hard and fly to much" compared to others. Now you claim these same folks (that fly less then us) actually are working harder then us? I'm confused
Are you kidding me? Do you know anything about aviation history? Legacy carriers created and funded the national air transportation system. This has nothing to do with hours flown. It has to do with the infrastructure.

You may not like what I say, but that doesn't mean what I say is wrong. You just happen to not agree with it. None of you have proven my points otherwise concerning SWA on this website, on any thread. You just come back with smiley faces.

Absolutely right! It was amazing we were ever able to fill a class prior to Sept. 11.
Oh yeah, its true! "Oh, but, the company Kool aid doesn't tell us that so its really not true." - brainwashed SWA pilot

Which legacy is that? The one of flying for pay and gaining experience, or the other one?

I'm certainly no mainline or major pilot, but I have a hard time understanding your utterly non-unique line of arguement: You call SWA to task for capitalizing (a poor line of reasoning, incidentally, what with these taxes we pay and all) on others' work. Yet you paid for your job, explicitly furthering the airline you work for, leapfrogging the qualified pilots that could do your job for pay.

How do you square that away?

It's like pointing a gun to your head in a bank and screaming, "Nobody move, or you're NEXT!"

Last edited:
The_Russian said:
You may not like what I say, but that doesn't mean what I say is wrong. You just happen to not agree with it. None of you have proven my points otherwise concerning SWA on this website, on any thread. You just come back with smiley faces.

Oh yeah, its true! "Oh, but, the company Kool aid doesn't tell us that so its really not true." - brainwashed SWA pilot

Don't bother trying to reason with some of these people. It's futile.

Which legacy is that? The one of flying for pay and gaining experience, or the other one?

I'm certainly no mainline or major pilot, but I have a hard time understanding your utterly non-unique line of arguement: You call SWA to task for capitalizing on (a poor line of reasoning, incidentally, what with these taxes we pay and all) on others' work. Yet you paid for your job, explicitly furthering the airline you work , leapfrogging the qualified pilots that could do your job for pay.

How do you square that away?

It's like pointing a gun to your head in a bank and screaming, "Nobody move, or you're NEXT!"

This conversation has nothing to do with my airline. How does my job have anything to do with the airline technological and airport infrastructure? And I did not PAY for my job. Are you saying that I was not qualified to work for my airline? Do you know that we have a labor contract? Are you using my employment with GIA as a way to discredit me? It seems like the only way you can detract the conversation so that you can successfully debate me is to bring up my current employer.

I do not point my finger and laugh at other pilots. I support my breathren unlike the people on this board. People bash me for GIA all the time. I should be used to it, but it is still not right. Most GIA pilots are good people and are very humble. We do not pay for our jobs. We do not hurt the industry near as much as the LCC's do as a whole. Just the damage that RJ's do alone to the quality of our industry makes GIA look like a piece of sand on the beach.

Yet, SWA pilots can come on this board and laugh at everyone elses operation. Laugh at your job security and/or retirement plan problems. Laugh at "how they are gonna take your jobs", and everyone is OK with that. Why? Why are you all OK with that? Is it because they are the only ones mass-hiring for the past few years into a Big Boeing? Wait, there you go! Everyone suck up to SWA because they are our only chance now! And those guys can say and do anything they want on Flightinfo, the ramp, or in the terminal because we gotta be good to them. "They are our only chance for a job".

Don't bother trying to reason with some of these people. It's futile.

Maybe they just can't read. I will make it my personal quest to help them read.

The Russian's "Home for Pilots who can't read good, and stuff"!

"I've always wanted to work for SWA." Its spoken by the same ilk of people today that say "I always wanted to work for UPS" or "I always wanted to work for FedEx." Sure there are some people out there that truly had this perspective, but for most it is complete and total BS. You've "always wanted to work" for the carrier that was doing the best at any given time to provide the best living for you and your family, and there's definately nothing wrong with that, but lets be honest and call a spade a spade.

Generally speaking, on 9/10/01 UPS, FedEx and SWA were the 2nd (or third) tier or airlines people applied to behind United and Delta, Northwest and US Air & CAL. Its not good, bad or indifferent, its just the way that it was and generally speaking, is the truth.

As far as behavior goes...I've always been treated excellently by SWA as a jumpseater and paying passenger, and every company has their mouthy one (or five) percent...

Latest resources

Back