• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest announces potential flights from Love Field in gate fight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And what exactly did you add Dicko? Jack squat, right? So in essence you're defending Flops lunacy, without any counterpoint (which is called debating).

You prefer one liners instead. At least your consistent!

I'm not sure how you made the logical leap from a one liner to defending Flops lunacy. I do think that your post proved my "one liner" to be more than just humor and bordering on prescient. So, I thank you for that.

I agree that Flops rabid myopic defense of CAL and Houston is lunacy. You have much in common. Only the names are changed.

The govt looks at the bigger picture- not one airport
If they did- how would so many fortress hubs look

They would look like they look right now: Teaming with different airlines all competing for customers. A true market.

You would benefit by reading the link I showed Bubba. Ft Worth's Greater-southwest Airport. You'll understand the WA Amendment a little more. (Or at least you should, corndog kool aid blurs your vision) Feds weren't going to fund two airports for Dallas and Ft Worth both, so DFW was built. You guys weaseled your way into staying at Love and keeping it open.

So "Flopgut" are you calling Herb a weasel, you only wish you had him at your airline I bet there would not have been any BK.

I'm not sure how you made the logical leap from a one liner to defending Flops lunacy. I do think that your post proved my "one liner" to be more than just humor and bordering on prescient. So, I thank you for that.

I agree that Flops rabid myopic defense of CAL and Houston is lunacy. You have much in common. Only the names are changed.

This coming from you? Funny, thanks for that.

Have you ever debated any issue on FI? I really don't remember even one. Just BS side shots with no facts. You bring so much cerebral thinking to the site!

You guys weaseled your way into staying at Love and keeping it open.
If "weaseled your way in" equates to the highest court in the land supporting your legal arguments and unequivocally declaring Southwest's right to remain at Love indefinitely, then yes we we weaseled our way in.

So "Flopgut" are you calling Herb a weasel, you only wish you had him at your airline I bet there would not have been any BK.

Herb knows he weaseled in.

If Frank Lorenzo got a hold of SWA right now, you'd be in BK so fast your head would spin. If you don't believe that, you don't know your airline history.

The govt looks at the bigger picture- not one airport
If they did- how would so many fortress hubs look

Btw: your characterization of what a "fortress" hub is, is way off. Yes, you guys left IAH. You didn't do squat in ATL (after a lot of popping off) Is "fortress" synonymous with: didn't get something handed to you? Or is it: the indigenous legacy wasn't reeling from a corporate raider/calamity?

That doesn't equate to any form whatsoever of the city of Ft Worth "getting screwed." Greater Southwest airport was right near where DFW is now. To the best of my knowledge, nobody wanted to fly there after DFW opened, unlike Dallas Love. The city of Ft Worth gained many tens of thousands of construction jobs over a decade constructing DFW, and enjoys having thousands of its citizens spending the money in Ft Worth that they earned at DFW. Not to mention the tens of millions of dollars spent by passengers who fly there to go to Ft Worth. For that, matter they also get millions of dollars from money spent at DFW by connecting passengers who never actually leave the airport.

The only airlines/tenants that were required to move to DFW were those who voluntarily signed on as party to the agreement, and agreed to move to the massive airport that was being build for them. And every one of those airlines that moved enjoyed the new facilities, and the expansion opportunity that wasn't present at Dallas Love or Greater Southwest.

If Southwest, or any other airline, not party to the agreement to have DFW build on their behalf, had wanted to fly out of Greater Southwest airport, then they could and would have, just the same as Southwest at Love Field. However, none did. By the way, you might have done just a few minutes more of research before spouting off. Greater Southwest airport was essentially dying before DFW was even built. From Wikipedia about DFW: "By the mid-1960s Fort Worth was getting 1% of Texas air traffic while Dallas was getting 49%, which led to the virtual abandonment of Greater Southwest."

Simply listing an essentially abandoned airport that closed in favor of a much bigger airport built essentially right next door, does nothing to further your ridiculous assertion. Try again. The fact is, that the city of Ft Worth has lost nothing by the closing of Greater Southwest, and has gained immeasurably by the opening of DFW.

Bubba

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back