• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest announces potential flights from Love Field in gate fight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All those years ago? You actually believe the stuff you post?

You mean like being handcuffed by the Wright Amendment and still kicking everyone's tail? Yea, indeed I remember how that happened.

Your debating skills aren't even rational Flop.

But you keep debating him.

This is where we'll see if the WA was handcuffing or protecting SWA. DAL's solid plan for decent competition gets harshly rejected on questionable logic. So DAL mgt offers a competing plan: common use gates. Nothing wrong with that right? Great idea for competition and a good way to open up a tightly controlled airport. If that concept doesn't at least get considered, and SWA ends up with these gates, the entire history of SWA at Love Field needs to be reconsidered.

When you look back at the Wright Amendment the folks at AA, DAL and United may count themselves very lucky, if SWA had no restrictions 10 years ago one or more of the above would have had serious problems operating out of TX or gone the same way as some of the other larger carriers who became extinct - "just saying"

Good point Cometman, but look further back. Imagine Southwest has to go to DFW like the other airlines back then did. Enough said.

All those years ago? You actually believe the stuff you post?

You mean like being handcuffed by the Wright Amendment and still kicking everyone's tail? Yea, indeed I remember how that happened.

Your debating skills aren't even rational Flop.

Handcuffed? More like SWA got a private in city airport while all other carriers were forced out to country to pay the bills for the new airport the city needed.
Let's be fair. Having DAL to themselves was one of the factors that allowed SWA to succeed. It'd be like having LGA to yourself. Yes, a great business model, management and employees but DAL was huge.

Nose,

You might want to read up on the 'original' Wright Amendment and what cities were allowed. It was a specific, Congressional add-on to limit ONE carrier. Period. Rep. Wright was in the pocket of American and wanted to make sure little ole SW wouldn't be a problem.

There were no 'thru' flights allowed at it's inception. So yes, it's goal was to handcuff a small Texas carrier. I can't find any other restrictions placed on one single carrier like this Amendment did. If you find one, let me know.

Last edited:
Nose,

You might want to read up on the 'original' Wright Amendment and what cities were allowed. It was a specific, Congressional add-on to limit ONE carrier. Period. Rep. Wright was in the pocket of American and wanted to make sure little ole SW wouldn't be a problem.

There were no 'thru' flights allowed at it's inception. So yes, it's goal was to handcuff a small Texas carrier. I can't find any other restrictions placed on one single carrier like this Amendment did. If you find one, let me know.

The intent of DFW was for all passenger traffic to be there. Do you think American would have stayed at DAL by themselves if that had been a choice? Never mind. Doesn't matter and it's been hashed and rehashed here. I'm glad SWA made it and it's the great company it is today.

Last edited:
Revisionist history by the SWA haters

Widebody ops required DFW as well as IAH, not SWA - they just wanted an airport on the local govts dime and force all competition out to their airport where they wanted to hub and spoke-
Pretty dumb posts here by nose and our usual flop

Revisionist history by the SWA haters

Widebody ops required DFW as well as IAH, not SWA - they just wanted an airport on the local govts dime and force all competition out to their airport where they wanted to hub and spoke-
Pretty dumb posts here by nose and our usual flop

Wow! What a joke. You don't know squat about IAH Wave. Stick to attempting to defend your airlines' favorable treatment at LUV. DFW was built to accommodate both the cities of Dallas and Ft Worth. The city of Ft Worth got screwed when LUV didn't close to ALL airlines.

What do you think about the common use idea for these two gates Wave? Wouldn't that "set LUV free" like your anti WA campaign claimed you wanted?

I want SWA to get them bc we'll use them and I work here
If we don't, I do not care who gets them- in almost 8 years at SWA I've never heard a SWA employee bitch about competition- not virgin or sky bus or any
Last legacy was seriously up in arms about any new entrant

You have the same entitlement issues flop

The plans for the big airports were crafted by those who needed big airports to hub and spoke and fly widebodies out of

Your problems aren't ours

And if you want to start service to Addison or Ellington, knock yourself out
I do not care how you do business and do not care what you think about how we do business

Got a weird version of "fair" going on in that off balance little head of yours flop

Latest resources

Back