• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest announces potential flights from Love Field in gate fight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The city of Ft Worth got screwed when LUV didn't close to ALL airlines.

Please explain how the lack of foresight on the part of Fort Worth or Dallas or any of the airlines that VOLUNTARILY signed an agreement move their operations from Love to DFW is any way shape or form the responsibility of Southwest Airlines?

Have you ever heard of the term "due diligence?" Here is a quick overview since it is quite obvious that you are under the impression that it is not a necessary process before entering into a contractual agreement.

Due Diligence -Generally, due diligence refers to the care a reasonable person should take before entering into an agreement or a transaction with another party.
Due diligence is a way of preventing unnecessary harm to either party involved in a transaction.

I'll let you in on another secret that is widely accepted in the business world: due diligence is the responsibility of the parties entering into an agreement, not the responsibility of outside unrelated parties not in any way involved in the contractual agreement! The cities of Dallas and Fort Worth and all airlines that were signatories of an agreement to move their operations from Love to DFW are the responsible parties for due diligence to protect their interests before entering into a contractual agreement.

For some reason Flop you seem to be in caught up in an endless less loop of faulting SWA for the inadequacies relating to business acumen of parties that should be capable of exercising good judgement on their own behalf. Please help me understand how lack of forethought on the part of other entities can somehow be the attributed to Southwest Airlines. For God's sake man, the Supreme Court of the United States of America stood on the side of SWA and unequivocally pronounced that it was illegal to force Southwest to leave Love Field. It doesn't get any clearer than that when the highest court in the land specifically endorses the legality of Southwest's decision to remain at Love, yet you continue to opine that your views on the matter are superior in merit to those expressed by the Supreme Court and then in the same breath lecture about the sense of entitlement expressed by SWA. In a word, "unbelievable!"

Last edited:
Well written, but you can't fix crazy Howie;)

I think that if Delta wanted love field gates they should have stepped in to help rid the wright amendment.

I think that if Delta wanted love field gates they should have stepped in to help rid the wright amendment.

Delta has been using Love gates for awhile off and on nonstop to ATL, but had to use 50 seaters until recently. Making those gates "common use gates" could give a few airlines a chance to offer new or increased service. We'll see....

Bye Bye---General Lee

DELTA had a huge presence in DALLAS and turned its back on Dallas and CLOSED the base, if I remember correctly?

Latest resources

Back