• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest announces MSP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When are you people going to realize that tanker is just yanking your chains left and right. It's funny to see how offended people are to his posts and how serious their responses are. He's probably already a SWA pilot and just playing the anonymity of these boards to it's fullest.

the problem is that someone new to the boards might not realize what 'tanker clown's' persona is. and thus, take anything he says with an ounce of credibility.

'frank lorenzo' pulls the same schtick but it is obvious from his handle and his comments that he isn't in fact frank lorenzo. and his routine is much funnier than tanker clown's. I doubt many actual SWA guys get too worked up about TC but if guys don't counter his crap, someone may end up with the wrong idea.

imho.

TC - Welcome to Southwest Airlines. We need as many kernals we can get. We don't have enough. I look forward to meeting and having you pull gear for me.

TC - Welcome to Southwest Airlines. We need as many kernals we can get. We don't have enough. I look forward to meeting and having you pull gear for me.

It's spelled Colonel. I hear SWA loves hiring retired military guys because we don't complain about the contract or pay and just get the job done. What are your thoughts on that?

I'm a known quantity being an AF guy. I've never heard of SWA turning down a guy with my experience(especially non flying stuff) and connections. Let's put it this way, I'd be a lot more suprised if I didn't get on with Southwest.

WOW! Im a civilian guy, but please dont compare yourself to the Airforce guys I fly with at WN or any other airline for that matter. You do them a great disservice. I'll let you in on a little secret T.C. - Guys like you are not a "Known Quantity" anywhere.

Hey man, all I know is that retired AF guys more often than not get hired. I heard it's because for a guy like me, SWA is a retirement job. So I won't complain about the contract and want some rediculous pay rate. Heck, I'll take whatever the company gives me since I have a retirement check already on the way.

And again I'll help you out a little T.C. since your on the outside looking in. WN does not hire based on your current retirement package. We look at a couple things. 1. Attitude 2. Could I spend a four day on the road with this person. Based on your history here T.C. - your attitude and personallity does not allign itself with the culture I've experienced at WN or anywhere else for that matter. Now, Im sure you'll have something smart to say to this, but look at how your received on this site and you tell me - would you hire yourself based on that.

I'll be fine. Reguardless of what you guys think, I can turn it on. Especially for a one day interview. A bunch of my buds used a interview prep lady, and she has an almost perfect hire rate. Not to mention I have some pretty high up buds. I figure a letter of rec from some pretty senior folks carries some weight. Not to mention being a known quantity from the military. I just hope they are hiring when I put in my retirement paperwork. That's the wild card for me. If they aren't, I'll just extend a little in the AF and make my retirement check a little bigger.

Latest resources

Back