• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest announces MSP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least MSP will offer an exciting alternative to ELP or Jackson, MS for the pilots.

Last edited:
Okay all you LAS commuters, Don't get any ideas. The MDW commute sucks big time. Really, I wouldn't even think about it if I were you.

CVG will come soon as well.

General where are you! I know I know we wont be able to compete with the new Delta.

This is EXACTLY the type of things I said would happen to the "new" Delta. The unforeseen. What will WN grow into in MSP? The state of MN cannot be happy with DAL taking away corporate HQ. Wait until all of the old former NWA leases come up on the gates. I'm sure Delta will be able to compete in a bidding war with Southwest. Not. Not to mention the public outcry over lack of competition in the MSP market. WN can expand into DTW, MEM, CVG......oooohhhhh. The possibilities are endless.

Now we just need the general and SuperKoolAidDrinker92 to come on and tell us how "everything will be fine and dandy. The SLI will create love and harmony, and we will never shrink and furlough."

The new route map is already shrinking.

SWA is toast, Delta's gonna throw those DC9's and some RJ50's at you.

SWA thinks they're all cute with climbs to 410 and direct to fixes half way across the nation. Well, they've not seen the DC9 request a heading until they pick up the VOR and level of at 240. Burning 5,000lbs an hour, hah, the DC9 can top that, try 3,500 a side baby!

Watch our smoke, literally.

Oh' by the way, could you carry our bags? The RJ gets weight limited a lot.

Last edited:
It wasn't a knock on you guys. The way our accepted fares/deadheading options work, I would rather not see SWA flying into MEM.

I see whaty you're sayin'. However when we go into a city we typically go with lots of flights. Don't know if that helps for Jumpseating or not.

Latest resources

Back