• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest announces MSP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a known quantity being an AF guy. I've never heard of SWA turning down a guy with my experience(especially non flying stuff) and connections. Let's put it this way, I'd be a lot more suprised if I didn't get on with Southwest.

You don't have enough time kernal, might try joining a "unit" to get some more time.

Thanks on the 1000th post. I did a lot of stuff in the AF. I did some fine work at TACC and was an IP in both tankers. Not to mention that I was a Senator's aid.

I'm slowly getting some more flight time. My buds said not to worry about it since they don't check mil guys log books too close. He said I should be good even if I have to fudge the numbers.

Senator Larry Craig?

You don't have enough time kernal, might try joining a "unit" to get some more time.

You don't get ahead in the AF by flying. But that might come back to bite me. I really think an airline gig will be a nice retirement job. My buds just said make a spread sheet of my flight time. If it's not enough, he said "Just make it enough." He said they don't check up on the military guys much. Let's hope. I was supposed to go to the desert and pile up a few hours....even though it was staff work. But I got out of it. I totally hate missing holidays.

Last edited:
You don't get ahead in the AF by flying. But that might come back to bite me. I really think an airline gig will be a nice retirement job. My buds just said make a spread sheet of my flight time. If it's not enough, he said "Just make it enough." He said they don't check up on the military guys much. Let's hope. I was supposed to go to the desert and pile up a few hours....even though it was staff work. But I got out of it. I totally hate missing holidays.

Dude,
Airlines care about character, so that's why your staff-job, senator-aid, IPx2 accomplishments look good to them: they show that other respectable 'companies' (like the military) think you're a safe bet. Don't take such a huge risk and blow it on fudging some flight time numbers. I think the SWA DB's will smell you out. Good luck anyhow.

Dude,
Airlines care about character, so that's why your staff-job, senator-aid, IPx2 accomplishments look good to them: they show that other respectable 'companies' (like the military) think you're a safe bet. Don't take such a huge risk and blow it on fudging some flight time numbers. I think the SWA DB's will smell you out. Good luck anyhow.

Thanks. I got a couple more years until I can retire, so I might get the time. I think they only want around 1300 pic. So if I pick up a local or two a month, then I should be good. I get to log IP (pic) time when there is a regular aircraft commander and co pilot on the jet. Meanwhile, I can get a good study of the back of my eyelids in from the bunk.

Thanks. I got a couple more years until I can retire, so I might get the time. I think they only want around 1300 pic. So if I pick up a local or two a month, then I should be good. I get to log IP (pic) time when there is a regular aircraft commander and co pilot on the jet. Meanwhile, I can get a good study of the back of my eyelids in from the bunk.

I can see it now. You're one of these guys that applies and inflates his/her time to get called for the interview. Once you get the call, you quickly change your flight times to reflect the real amount. See it all the time and yes, we have a record of everytime you log on and change something.

Don't think you will be the first to try this. It's fun to watch em squirm.

Latest resources

Back