• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest announces four new routes from Newark

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bill- what would you do if you weren't hating on everyone else?

Everyone bow down to king delta!
Aka- king sellouts

LaGuardia is not exactly known for its swift operations. We are killing it there!!! We will do our best in ATL too.

You're "killing it there"? Can you define that please? Last time I was at LGA SWA was #20 in line just like everyone else (don't think for a nano-second that the NY controllers are going to give you any sort of pass).

I also noticed with a little humor that there was no exaggerated TX twang or southern drawl or "Sast 225" hurriedly mumbled over the radio (that's what most SW pilots typically sound like on the radio; evidently you're too cool to actually pronounce "Southwest" with two syllables).

Welcome to the real world of the big boys. You've seen some of it in MDW for years, and now you'll get the real deal in spades in LGA and EWR. You guys actually run a great outfit, and I look forward to seeing you out there.

"Killing it" would be defined as a 98.3% load factor out of LGA last quarter with LGA having the highest yields in our system. The New York market is dying for SWA service and we will give it to them where we can.

It is no secret that every airline in NY will defend the turf with all of its resources because the public would rather fly SWA than anyone else and it is shown by our load factors and yields in NY. Our nose is under the tent and you can bet the entire camel will be inside soon enough. Every $ we make in NY helps us kick butt in other areas. The are only 2 or 3 major markets left in the US that SWA doesn't own. It is just a matter of time.

Hate all you want but SWA is your worst competitive nightmare and dang it we just won't go away. Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

"Killing it" would be defined as a 98.3% load factor out of LGA last quarter with LGA having the highest yields in our system. The New York market is dying for SWA service and we will give it to them where we can.

It is no secret that every airline in NY will defend the turf with all of its resources because the public would rather fly SWA than anyone else and it is shown by our load factors and yields in NY. Our nose is under the tent and you can bet the entire camel will be inside soon enough. Every $ we make in NY helps us kick butt in other areas. The are only 2 or 3 major markets left in the US that SWA doesn't own. It is just a matter of time.

Hate all you want but SWA is your worst competitive nightmare and dang it we just won't go away. Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

Oh brother....... Listen to this guy. You guys are well paid 737 pilots flying regional type schedules. About half of your planes are junky, older 737-300s or -500s. There is no way I will wait to fly for you guys, because once the legacies gain back your type pay in their current or near future contract talks, you guys won't have anything left to brag about. Without the pay advantage, you guys have little else to be desired. Great, you get to stay in one or two timezones during a trip.... So do I, in my RJ, who cares? I want good pay AND variety.

And I think SWA goes up against DL on SLC directly and hasn't put up much of a fight there, or hasn't really expanded much. I think the legacies will defend their hubs just fine mostly. You need to bring down your cockiness just a few notches, pal.

Last edited:

You act like all the other airlines flying out of LGA are flying empty and losing their shorts. We are almost always completely full and make a lot of coin. Here's another news flash: I have no doubt your yields at LGA are the highest in your system, since most of the rest of your system consists of the low-yield customer. I have a good friend who flies a lot to Japan to do some software consulting work. He hates SWA due to the cattle-car mentality and amenities and when he flies domestic goes out of his way not to fly SWA.

That said, you guys run a great outfit and we've had to do better to compete. Just don't get too impressed with yourself. Believe it or not, there are other airlines out there who run good operations and make a lot of $$ as well.

Believe it or not, there are other airlines out there who run good operations and make a lot of $$ as well.

Good operations with a 38 year history of profits? Our low yield high frequency strategy is the only strategy that has returned profits for the last 38 years. I think we are on to something.

Last edited:
Does the Pole up your a$$ come with those 38 years or was that implanted by Herb?

Load Factor doesn't mean squat son......I can fill my planes all day long.....revenue is where its at. Let us know when you get above 70 cities.

Bill- what would you do if you weren't hating on everyone else?

Everyone bow down to king delta!
Aka- king sellouts

Wave is spotting.......step back.....he's emotional!!

Much less than half of our planes are -300's. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Add to the fact that we own most of our fleet, and that leads to a higher profit. SW 101.

Load Factor doesn't mean squat son......I can fill my planes all day long.....revenue is where its at. Let us know when you get above 70 cities.
You and your domestic partner Biff have a kid? Well I didn't know two guys could have kids so you calling me son is funny but I digress. Our load factors are huge and our yields are huge not to mention we have the highest revenue growth over the past 3 years of all majors.

We have 72 cities today but thanks for asking.

Latest resources

Back