Southwest and shortcuts...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BillJBrake

Do you guys get paid for the total amount of shortcuts you can get, per leg?

It seems like every Southwest plane, on every frequency, checks on and asks for a shortcut. Even if the previous controller had just given him one, or the frequency is obviously congested and the controller is busy, you can count on the Southwest pilots to ask for shortcuts. I love it when the controller straight up, turn them down!

Knock it off...it's ok to ask for one here or there, or every so often, but on EVERY FLIGHT, and EVERY FREQUENCY? I feel like they're becoming known as the needy bunch...

It seems like every Southwest plane, on every frequency, checks on and asks for a shortcut. Even if the previous controller had just given him one, or the frequency is obviously congested and the controller is busy, you can count on the Southwest pilots to ask for shortcuts. I love it when the controller straight up, turn them down!

Knock it off...it's ok to ask for one here or there, or every so often, but on EVERY FLIGHT, and EVERY FREQUENCY? I feel like they're becoming known as the needy bunch...

Dude, really? What the he!! do you care? You fly your airplanes, and we'll fly ours, how about that? Oh, and we'll make an a$$ load of money flying ours...moron.

calling us needy, not very respectful youngster. Here's a respectful response: long after your airline is bankrupt and you are working as an assistant manager at Arby's, we will still be asking for shortcuts on every frequency to save time and gas. Saving time allows us to fly another day to make more money. Saving gas allows our company to undercut your company, which allows us to make more money.

same moron was giving out ATC FAA hiring advice months ago. He averages one to two posts a month, probably on his one day of computer access at the local juvenile mental health ward.

we will see him again mid-October.

Latest resources

Back