• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest and shortcuts...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lol. respectfully written thread, 4 rude responses!

you guys represent the pilot group well!

You started it A$$ munch what do you care if we ask for short cuts, you run your company into the ground we will keep ours up and running so for now STFU because we like to get to the overnight as early as possible preguntas tool boy

Dude...if you're going to quote Churchill:
"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

Nevertheless, any quote by the former Prime Minister is better than HL Mencken...

Welcome back Kwick! Where you been?

When your average taxi out is under 7 minutes it's just easier to start 'em both up and get out of Dodge!

Gup

When you ramp up in the ATL that number is going to go up significantly.

AM's are hit or miss out of Philly. I had some very quick taxi and takeoffs out of there.

The worst time to try to get out is around 5pm do to the international European departures with a weather twist thrown in..

Welcome back Kwick! Where you been?

When your average taxi out is under 7 minutes it's just easier to start 'em both up and get out of Dodge!

Gup

You're wasting Bazillions of dollars I tell you. Bazillions ....

Seriously though; a 7 minute taxi using single engine for 5 minutes saves 67lbs of fuel on each flight. How many flights a day does SWA put in the air ?

I'll bet that within 2 years you'll have a disturbingly muscled left leg, just like me. :erm:

The sad thing is, with all the hoopla these days about saving energy, carbon emissions, etc is why pilots even have to ask for directs. They get the approval about 80% of the time from controllers so why doesn't the FAA (Obama administration) institute a program in which ATC will give directs all they can without waiting to be asked.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back