• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest and Frontier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are we in Chp 11? Well, to say that Southwest didn't play a part in that is being ignorant. To say that they are the only reason, would be equally ingorant. We had years of mis-management like most airlines along with the competition and having Southwest in Denver really just accelerated things. Personally I think that SWA had hoped that Frontier would be long gone by now, and they could have a much larger and more lucrative foothold in Denver than they do now. We are still an inexpensive operation, and I am sure that it would be a quick sale.

This will come across as an a$$hole...but then why are you bankrupt?

I understand where you are coming from, but again, people must read that i also put, "to the extent they thought they could." into my statement. Sure they/you have had a hand in that process, but so did 140 oil and a small processer called first data. But in no way was SWA the sole reason we had to file. Our costs are still very low as compared to the industry, and we have made an operating profit the last three months, something only a VERY small group of airlines can say. So i would say we are pretty strong for a company many (especially on FI) had written off last summer.

I think the question is how long will southwest continue to operate at a loss in Den. I don't think its any secret that while southwest is losing money in that market f9 is actually posting a profit (minus the bankruptcy court fees). Maybe the new attitude over there is that they can't beat frontier in their market why not just take them over. They seem to have the capital to do so.

I think the question is how long will southwest continue to operate at a loss in Den. I don't think its any secret that while southwest is losing money in that market f9 is actually posting a profit (minus the bankruptcy court fees). Maybe the new attitude over there is that they can't beat frontier in their market why not just take them over. They seem to have the capital to do so.

How do you know SWA is losing money in DEN?

So, Frontier is making money except for its expenses? Ok.

I think all of us are making money except for our expenses.

F9 posted an operating profit last quarter. That doesn't mean a lot though because of how much money you spend while in bankruptcy on court fees, lawyers, etc. SWA is not making money in DEN. Loads out of there are not good, and it is a very expensive market. By that rational I say SWA is not making money in DEN.

F9 posted an operating profit last quarter. That doesn't mean a lot though because of how much money you spend while in bankruptcy on court fees, lawyers, etc. SWA is not making money in DEN. Loads out of there are not good, and it is a very expensive market. By that rational I say SWA is not making money in DEN.

You sound pretty sure of yourself. Have you been by the SWA gates in DEN?

yup, 2 days ago, flight to SAN was wide open and f9 was oversold. This is not a swa bashing session. I like flying swa I'm just saying that f9 is not going anywhere anytime soon and it seems like this rumor could make sense.

Not to mention they could get f9 for fire sale price. The stock is worth almost nothing while the company still has value.

yup, 2 days ago, flight to SAN was wide open and f9 was oversold. This is not a swa bashing session. I like flying swa I'm just saying that f9 is not going anywhere anytime soon and it seems like this rumor could make sense.

I'm not saying you're bashing, but just questioning your theory.

Latest resources

Back