• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest and Frontier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Incidentally, I am hearing that F9 has sold back and leased the last of their Airbi...anyone have confirmation on that? Is the end near? I do not see SWA buying F9, but getting gates and assets is definitely possible...anyone?

Is the end near? Thank you for your well wishes and concern.

F9 actually sold a number of aircraft outright, but they did not sell/leaseback any airbuses because the net result was too little liquidity to justify the transaction.

They did complete the sale and leaseback 5 q400's at lynx.

F9 does lease some of their airbuses, but those are not post-petition contracts, they existed prior to 4/10/08.

Incidentally, I am hearing that F9 has sold back and leased the last of their Airbi...anyone have confirmation on that? Is the end near? I do not see SWA buying F9, but getting gates and assets is definitely possible...anyone?

You are hearing wrong. \

CYA

Stayseated,

thanks for the info.

firstthird

p.s. and you are right, most airlines have more in common than most of us thought. it is a crappy business and that is born out again and again. too little upfront capital required to depress earnings of every other airline. thanks to the commodity nature of an airline seat and the low costs of starting up an outfit.

I did not mean to imply that F9 is about to fold or anything negative about F9. I am asking because my firm belief is that the SWA pilots are being duped into a concessionary contract with the idea that we may buy someone and need this contract to ensure there are not boundaries crossed without protections in place. I think the whole thing is garbage and that we cant afford to buy anyone or anything right now unless it is really, really cheap. I think folks are hearing rumors about F9 because they are in BK right now and DEN is the best thing we have going. Once again, I am trying to debunk the contentions many keep pushing forward. No offense intended....my apologies for the implication.

Scoreboard II,

He was commenting on how LUV is getting equity out of airplanes just like F9 did almost a year ago. That is one thing in common.

Where did this rumor begin anyways?

Latest resources

Back