Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines to Acquire AirTran; Spreading Low Fares Farther 6:55 am - PR Newsw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow. Just freakin wow. I don't know for sure but I feel like I just won the lottery. At least this should take all the worries of an impending strike off the table.

Anyone remember Muse Air? Or the heartburn experienced with the acquisition of Morris?

Time to turn the seatbelt sign on... I think it's going to be a bumpy ride.

I hope it works out for both sides.

Last edited:
Wow. Just freakin wow. I don't know for sure but I feel like I just won the lottery. At least this should take all the worries of an impending strike off the table.

Seriously, good luck with it as I hope it works out for you. Ironically, you sound very much like some Frontier pilots I know two years ago...

Let's hope the integration is fair - no staple this time around!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone clarify something for me. With the new laws, I don't think SWA can just staple us to the bottom. I believe there has to be some kind of integration, even if its not favorable to the AAI guys. Is that correct?
Since SWA is acquiring more than 50% of AirTran the new law says that the list must be merged on a "fair and equitable basis". In some cases that could be a staple, in other cases it could be DOH. In the case of SWA and AirTran I think it will be whatever an arbitrator decides!

Airtran guys....get used to some tools telling you that you should be thankful for whatever they give you because you are lucky to have a job. SWA pilots are a good group of people, but, for some reason, some pilots can't help themselves from being complete DBs.

Airtran guys....get used to some tools telling you that you should be thankful for whatever they give you because you are lucky to have a job. SWA pilots are a good group of people, but, for some reason, some pilots can't help themselves from being complete DBs.

hahaha! if i had a nickel for every ahole capt who told me this at swa i could retire at 59 instead of 65

Latest resources

Back