Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines to Acquire AirTran; Spreading Low Fares Farther 6:55 am - PR Newsw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wish both groups the best. Hope it turns out to be a win-win raher than a win-lose like some recent mergers (acquisitions).

Good luck!

Good luck to those at airtran with less than southwest's required 1,000 PIC. :)

Wrong! There were several Morris Air dudes that didn't even have a 73-type when we bought them, yet we took every one of their pilots.

Welcome aboard guys...with the possible exception of PLC128, Max Powers, Kharma Police, and a few other assorted malcontents. We're all in this together now and it has the potential to be a great deal for both groups. Fasten your seat belts, it's gonna be an interesting ride.

P.S. Get ready to finally ditch your hats, watch your dues drop to 1%, get a nice raise, and say goodbye to the red-eyes.....and that's just for starters!

Last edited:
I still have little faith with how SWA will treat us considering I'm former ATA. Pilots say one thing and SWA Mgmt. showed another. I hope they treat us fair this time around.

Welcome aboard guys...with the possible exception of PLC128.......

Oh man, that's hysterical.
He bashes SWAPA so much, I'd like to see him try to explain this one!
It's even funnier that everyone knows who he really is!

Skywest can go ******************** themselves. I mean in the nicest possible way :) Per the WN contract there is no codeshare allowed.

Gup
No need to get excited. Airtran and Skywest both had the ability to end the current deal with 120 day notice. Looks like Skywest can anticipate a notice 120 days before the deal officially closes.

Lear70 said:
I'm stoked, you should be, too. Looking forward to joining all my PCL friends who went to Southwest the last couple years and flying together again, even if they might be sitting in the left seat before me... it's all good, I'm just here for the pay and QOL. :)

You get reinstated yet? PM if ya want...

Wow, that is GREAT for all of you! Enjoy guys! Have a FANTASTIC DAY!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back