Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines to Acquire AirTran; Spreading Low Fares Farther 6:55 am - PR Newsw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wonder what happens with the small Regional jet deal Airtran has up in MKE.

Skywest can go ******************** themselves. I mean in the nicest possible way :) Per the WN contract there is no codeshare allowed.

Gup

WOW a huge windfall for AAI crewmembers no matter how a merged seniority list shakes out.!
You can never tell where you'll end up when you start this career. Seems like these guys just won the lottery. In the short term, it may be rocky, but in the long term, flying for SWA is only good. Never furloughed a pilot, top pay rates, unifited pilot group, smart management--all things sorely lacking at the other majors.

Good luck to those at airtran with less than southwest's required 1,000 PIC. :)

"Ladies and gentlemen, uh, we've just lost the picture, but what we've seen speaks for itself. The Corvair spacecraft has apparently been taken over -- 'conquered' if you will -- by a master race of giant space ants. It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether they will consume the captive earth men or merely enslave them. One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the ants will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted FI personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves."

Be gentle. Had some guys at ASA tell me I was making a lateral move. Thanks for making me look smart.

No one could have predicted ANY of this all those years ago.

Sometimes you're the windshield....sometimes you're the bug

don't worry about a integration, you are going to a good company with a huge pay raise. get over it. it is an aquisation not merger.

Latest resources

Back