Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines to Acquire AirTran; Spreading Low Fares Farther 6:55 am - PR Newsw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, I don't care who you are... that's funny! :D

It will all work out. There will be no furloughs, it just doesn't make any sense. We're dramatically understaffed compared to Southwest's staffing model, and they won't be dumping the 717's before the leases are up, if they do at all.

Heck, they're talking about HIRING next year even AFTER the integration... maybe just talk, maybe not, but I'd bet they have aggressive expansion plans into the Caribbean and Mexico/South America region.

I'm stoked, you should be, too. Looking forward to joining all my PCL friends who went to Southwest the last couple years and flying together again, even if they might be sitting in the left seat before me... it's all good, I'm just here for the pay and QOL. :)

Congrats Lear70 happy to see you got your job back at Airtran and now Southwest! Way to go my man.

Predictions on:
how long it takes to strangle Delta out of ATL?
how long until Delta furloughs?

Ask the Midwest guys how much ALPA helped them.

Pretty sure Delta will defend ATL to the death.

Just curious why everyone thinks that delta is going to get pushed out of ATL so easily? They have been working along side a LCC for decades now... please explain...

In the interest of solidarity, I will endeavor to be positive and am looking forward to the combination of both airlines. AirTran has some of the finest employees in the industry and I hope that nobody gets left behind and that SWA realizes their worth and contributions to AirTran's and now Southwest's success.

Interesting to see what happens at DFW and DAL in 2014 after all is said and done. There are gates available in Terminal E at DFW and WoNawFuL will have locked out most everyone at DAL.

Never a better time to remind everyone that the 10% at either airline do not represent the majority.

Latest resources

Back