Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines to Acquire AirTran; Spreading Low Fares Farther 6:55 am - PR Newsw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats!

Congrats to AirTran pilots!

As a 3yr SWA F/O I can assure you this is the place to work. While I have no idea how SLI will be resolved I do know that the success or failure of our (SWA and AirTran) company will depend largely on how we as pilots, work together to make our combined company the best in the industry.

While a little nervous as to the news and not knowing what will happen, this I know:

1. SWA is a great company to work for. I trust my mngt. The people I work with are great and all share the vision.

2. I work hard but paid well. Last month I grossed over $14,000. (3yr pay).

3. Our benefits are excellent. Low cost medical, 4o1k, profit sharring. etc.

4. SWA has never furloughed. This won't change, its ingrained in our culture.

5. No bad attitudes. Sure there are some but I haven't seen it.

6. Company is profitable and will be here when I retire.

Let's work together and make it work!

SWA guys, remember you have overwhelming numbers and can just vote in a new union to get what you want....oh wait.....

Just kidding. This will be good for the pilots at both airlines and I'm sure there will be a equitable seniority integration that will piss off both sides but be fair in the long run. Good luck to both pilot groups and congrats.

(I'm eying this one closely as a member of a small pilot group that may someday be in a similar situation.)

I think this COULD be a kick-ass operation if we can come together as one team without a ton of shots lobbed from both sides.

The 717 is staying, my opinion only. It's the perfect airplane for small markets, it's cheap to lease/own, and you've got close to 1000 pilots already trained on the thing. I see it doing hub and spoke out of larger western bases as well as high yield NYC/BOS stuff.

This may be a great thing for all of us, and I welcome working with SWA guys and gals in the future. We're all cut from the same "can do" attitude, and are use to fighting the legacies for our slice of the pie. Now, with close to 700 airplanes, I think that fight can be brought with some authority.

Word!

Wrong! There were several Morris Air dudes that didn't even have a 73-type when we bought them, yet we took every one of their pilots.

Welcome aboard guys...with the possible exception of PLC128, Max Powers, Kharma Police, and a few other assorted malcontents. We're all in this together now and it has the potential to be a great deal for both groups. Fasten your seat belts, it's gonna be an interesting ride.

P.S. Get ready to finally ditch your hats, watch your dues drop to 1%, get a nice raise, and say goodbye to the red-eyes.....and that's just for starters!

Thanks...the vast majority of the AirTran pilot group are great guys and are looking forward to becoming part of Southwest. Can't happen soon enough for me!

LET's MAKE THIS WORK!

As a 2 1/2 yr FO at SWA I think this is awsome news and a win win for both airlines in the long run. There are gonna be nay sayers in the ranks on both sides. It might be a little painful upfront. But it will be the best for both of us if we work together and make it happen!

One thing I can assure all of you Airtran guys is; that even being at the bottom of the list at SWA, this is the best place I have ever worked! (I've worked for 4 airlines)They do asks for you to occasionally bust your ass, but they reward you for it.

Welcome aboard, I will gladly take the last senority number if thats what it takes. Thats how much I think of this company!

P.S. all the good stuff you hear about this company is very true!

Moderator hat on:

Jim, I know you're just kidding, but we have a standing rule on the board these days, and it's NO talk of USAirways / AWA issues in a non-UAir/AWA thread.

Just putting the kibosh on a thread hijack before it starts (we can't edit posts, only delete them, and the rest of your post was cool).

/mod

Latest resources

Back