• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines schedules its first flights in Memphis

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not London England, but then again I'll be home in 24 hours living my life, not eating ice cream.

I am going to bid 3 day trips to Venice next month. Hopefully, you get a Denver layover and a few Boise's. I bet it's getting hot in El Paso now, riiiight? You probably know.... Sundaes don't last long there probably...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yes, service between ATL-MEM is ending once Southwest takes over ops there. We will instead be flying 2 a day to MDW and 1 a days to BWI, HOU, MCO, and TPA.

Have you guys started Flint yet? Congrats when you do! Fantastic! When did you start Akron? How about Branson? Hot dog awesome! I go to Dublin, Ireland next week, on a 3 day trip.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Judges typically ask, what would a reasonable man think? He'd think this thread is ridiculous.

I am going to bid 3 day trips to Venice next month. Hopefully, you get a Denver layover and a few Boise's. I bet it's getting hot in El Paso now, riiiight? You probably know.... Sundaes don't last long there probably...

Bye Bye---General Lee
As I stated, my life is at home, not on the road. Making work your life is not life, but since you like it, good for you. Enjoy your ice cream at the Geleteria.

As I stated, my life is at home, not on the road. Making work your life is not life, but since you like it, good for you. Enjoy your ice cream at the Geleteria.

What? I happen to have fun at home AND at work. I get to go on a "mini vacation" every week. I enjoy the layovers, the restaurants, the different scenery. You can't remember which 5 cities you hit yesterday. I have fun with my wife and family (usually fly 3 days on, 4 off), and actually smile when I arrive at the gate, heading off somewhere fun and interesting. The sundae along the way is a bonus. People can actually enjoy both their personal and professional lives. Enjoy your taco at the taco stand by the hotel.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I get to go on a "mini vacation" every week. I enjoy the layovers, the restaurants, the different scenery. I have fun with my wife and family (usually fly 3 days on, 4 off), and actually smile when I arrive at the gate, heading off somewhere fun and interesting.
Why in the world would you think that only a foreign country could be "fun and interesting?" I have fun and interesting layovers all the time right here in the good ole USA. I just spent an incredible day sightseeing in Boston followed by another great day in Washington D.C. They were both fun AND interesting!

3-2-1 always assists with the fun portion and often contributes yo the "interesting" factor as well.

Last edited:
Why in the world would you think that only a foreign country could be "fun and interesting?" I have fun and interesting layovers all the time right here in the good ole USA. I just spent an incredible day sightseeing in Boston followed by another great day in Washington D.C. They were both fun AND interesting!

Do you work for SWA? If so, you have AM and PM trips, and they are usually incredibly productive. So, that means lots of legs, and that means not a lot of time for long tours. Sure, you probably could run out and see a monument, but day long tours are probably out of the question.

Btw, my category does domestic and INTL flying, but I prefer the Guinness tour in Dublin, the restaurants near the Eiffel Tower, or Ipanema beach in Rio. But I also did tours of Boston and DC myself, about 10 years ago.

Have fun on those 3 hour tours..... Don't rent a boat in Hawaii, oh wait, you guys don't......Nevermind.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Do you work for SWA? If so, you have AM and PM trips, and thy are usually incredibly productive. So, that means lots of legs, and that means not a lot of time for long tours. Sure, you probably could run out and see a monument, but day long tours are probably out of the question.
Do YOU work for SWA?

The three day in question flew a total of 7 legs. We arrived in Boston at 11:15pm local and left the next day at 5:25pm. D.C. arrived at 11:5pm and left at 5:55pm. It also paid well above the minimum guarantee of 19.5 at 22.70. It was a very enjoyable trip.

You guys are arguing with a 22 year old virgin, typing from his apartment(moms basement). The only foreign destinations he sees are on google earth....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back