• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines Reports Loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That sounds FANTASTIC. I can't wait. Wait a second, Nah, I don't think I will, because my Texas Tech wife would hate me for it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That explains a lot....so you do have an affinity for Lubbock! How on earth do you commute there to see the in-laws?

I don't fly for Airnet.

Su-wheat, you fly for Bankair. That must be FANTASTIC. Ameriflight? Ah, whichever it is, I am sure you are always saying "That was a fantastic flight from Detroit City, next stop---Burke Lakefront."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Don't be a tool General. You're no better than anybody else. Just fortunate the stars lined up when they did and you got hired at a decent company.

Don't be a dick about it.
Gup

I guess WN is selling it's positions for 2009 according to a spokesman and analcyst at UBS:

For now, Southwest said it will back off its hedging strategy, though that could change if oil prices rebound, spokeswoman Brandy King told me.

"In the current environment of falling prices, it's probably better to be 'less' versus 'more' hedged, thus we are lightening our hedge positions," she said.
For the first time in many years, Southwest will essentially have no hedging benefit for fuel next year if oil prices stay at their current level, UBS analyst Kevin Crissey said in a report.
That would eliminate a key financial advantage that Southwest has enjoyed over its rivals.
It also would reduce the Bizarro effect on the carrier's earnings.

You are going to see a probable spike to the $80 or $90 level in the next few months if a cold winter is forecast, and OPEC sticks to a cut of 1M bbl at their upcoming meeting

:pimp:​

You are going to see a probable spike to the $80 or $90 level in the next few months if a cold winter is forecast, and OPEC sticks to a cut of 1M bbl at their upcoming meeting

I'm kinda thinking that a cold economy will trump a cold winter...just a guess...and oil prices stay weak.

Last edited:
Su-wheat, you fly for Bankair. That must be FANTASTIC. Ameriflight? Ah, whichever it is, I am sure you are always saying "That was a fantastic flight from Detroit City, next stop---Burke Lakefront."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Nope, nope and nope.

General I turned down a job offer with Delta in 2000.

I still have the letter from Plato Ryhne welcoming me to the Delta family.

Don't be a tool General. You're no better than anybody else. Just fortunate the stars lined up when they did and you got hired at a decent company.

Gup

Gup, my guess is he'll continue to be this way until Delta pilots start making more $$$$ than SWA pilots....since that roughly correlates to when he began to unhinge.

Gup, what did you expect from someone approaching 12,000 posts? The kicker is that he is married. Too much time on the laptop means she is not on his lap or those exotic layovers aren't so exotic (maybe LBB is more fun). Take your pick.

Cheers to all the SWA folks, always real nice.

I guess WN is selling it's positions for 2009 according to a spokesman and analcyst at UBS:

Might want to see a doc about that analcyst. Sounds nasty.

Gup

Do they not fly between those routes? Did I really say he didn't enjoy them? Some people love that stuff. Good for him.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back