• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines pilot union activates its strike preparedness committee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The majority of our list has voted to hurt us for at least the last decade. Sounds like he'll fit in perfectly around here! ;)

??? That's a crazy statement, LOL. If the majority has voted for it, it's what the majority wants? You're the minority, one may surmise it is you attempting to hurt them. I really don't know what the hell you're talking about but this is FI lol. As far a Bubba/bitterness goes, he's confused. I'm merely pointing out that expecting the FAT guys to support the whole Retro thing when is has no benefit/bearing on them is ridiculous. Whether or not SWAPA endorsed the torpedoing of the process agreement is unknown to me, and of little moment at this point. What is known is they made no attempt to prevent it or voice a concern. Ergo, it was something they evidently desired all along. But I digress, it's water under the bridge, here we are now. I don't expect GK to pay retro, rather i see him coming out with a signing bonus, which the FAT would support, as it includes them. So the 1800 FAT guys, the senior guys+koolaid crowd=51% easily
But I got way better things to do than get wrapped around the axle about it, it's summertime- go out and have fun :)

??? That's a crazy statement, LOL. If the majority has voted for it, it's what the majority wants? You're the minority, one may surmise it is you attempting to hurt them.

Yup. It must be me wanting to hurt them when I tell them to vote no on stuff that inevitably does just that.

The irony is that after getting exactly what they voted YES! for, they complain about it. See SL10, international and 800 side letters (and every other of the 18 friggin side letters we've handed to GK with nothing to show for them) for examples. It would be funny if it weren't costing us time, money and QOL.

I really don't know what the hell you're talking about but this is FI lol.

See above.......

Gary yielded to the bigger group and threatened the smaller group with the loss of their livelihoods if they didn't capitulate.

If you were willing to walk away from your jobs at AAI in a strike, why wouldn't you at least do the same thing to Gary and call his bluff? Was employment at SWA that much more meaningful?

If you were willing to walk away from your jobs at AAI in a strike, why wouldn't you at least do the same thing to Gary and call his bluff? Was employment at SWA that much more meaningful?

Apparently 85% of the AirTran pilots weren't willing to walk away from their jobs in a strike. Voting yes on a strike vote and actually walking are two very different things.

Don't be obtuse. 2 completely different scenarios and you know it. Perhaps the day will come when you get to call Gary's bluff. By happy chance, you will enjoy the support of the FAT group not the other way around.

Latest resources

Back