• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines pilot union activates its strike preparedness committee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, if anyone is "owed" a favor, it's the SW pilots. We gave GK EXACTLY what he wanted via a concessionary contract and 18 friggin side letters, many DURING, section 6. The only folks who have anything to show for all that philanthropy are the FOs that got to upgrade via SL 10.

That is a good point although water under the bridge, nobody put a gun to your head for any of those whopping 18+ side letters. Unlike us, you had a tremendous amount of leverage which was never used. The -800 being the same pay rate is an example that made me scratch my head. Also, how do you define the highest paid narrow body rates in the industry at the time as "concessionary"?

That is a good point although water under the bridge, nobody put a gun to your head for any of those whopping 18+ side letters. Unlike us, you had a tremendous amount of leverage which was never used.

Apparently, SWApA used the LUV gun on the pilot group......

It was clear, even at the time (although the YES! voters will claim otherwise) on every one of them, that we were (at the very least), giving up leverage in section 6.

We still voted YES! on every stinking one of them, with nothing, whatsoever, to show for it.

The -800 being the same pay rate is an example that made me scratch my head.

Yup.... International for "free" was another one. More work, same (or less) pay.

Also, how do you define the highest paid narrow body rates in the industry at the time as "concessionary"?

Between the 800, QOL and productivity hits built into TA2, International and the general slowing down of ground ops, we're working more and longer days for the same or in many cases, less pay.

How soon SWAPA forgets that they owe Gary a favor for the huge seniority jump and "captured captain seats". Don't be so ungrateful and don't bother asking us Tranny's to be the heavies, you carry your own water.

Captured Captain seats, now that's fricken funny right there. :laugh: Did I miss something or did a crapload of 717's come over for Southwest pilots to fly as Captain? And that HUGE seniority jump, stop looking so stupid. It's becoming painfully obvious how 80% of you got schooled.

IMHO this is a joke. 10$ says we get maybe 60% yes vote when and if a vote happens. Time will tell.

I agree. This group has become far more radical in the last few years, so instead of nearly 90% of "us" voting YES! on turds, it will only be 60%!

Captured Captain seats, now that's fricken funny right there. :laugh: Did I miss something or did a crapload of 717's come over for Southwest pilots to fly as Captain? And that HUGE seniority jump, stop looking so stupid. It's becoming painfully obvious how 80% of you got schooled.

"Captured Captain Seats" was a silly SWAPA term. You got 3 years of Tranny's kicked then locked out of the left seat, it should be obvious to you that now even us dimwitted 717 clowns can hold them. Time flies when you're having fun......

Hot tub Time Machine

No Lance Captains=a no vote for me!!!

Did you notice PCL or the General did not chime in yet, they must be asleep

I say good for SWAPA. It's what I was advocating before I left.

Didn't realize I needed to "chime in" on every thread regarding an airline I no longer work for, but I'll keep in mind how much you long to hear my opinion. ;)

Latest resources

Back