• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines pilot union activates its strike preparedness committee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed. The reason being, 99% on both sides are professionals. I've only met 1 so far I'd prefer not to fly with. I suspect him to be a serial poster but I don't really care. So be it. But to be realistic, and as Dicko pointed out retro-pay won't really affect 1700 of us, so it's not a deal breaker. 1700 disaffected pilots plus a sizeable group of koolaid drinkers=51% easily. Let's vote and get it over with

Sadly, you're correct! No retro and code share for everyone! It's another win win ( for GK)!

Retro is not a big deal for most FAT guys as we won't really be included in it. Code share, interline, is another story.

Come on slaquer, you're no spring chikken (like me) It is what it is. The first deal is always the best.

The first deal would have been the best, if your Merger Committee knew what they were doing.

It was one good bite at the SLI apple. Unfortunately they choked on the worm (to your detriment).

Negotiating a new contract is completely different. And as an old dog, you know that.

Look forward to pulling gear for you Freight.

I have been treated extremely well by the RSWs I have flown with. They have been extremely welcoming and glad we (Trannys') are on the same team. The information on this board is strictly entertainment not reality.

I agree. In the 3 years or so since the AT folks started coming over, I've flown with more of you than I could count. I guess I've just been lucky, but there isn't an a-hole in the bunch.

The guy I flew with last trip lives about a mile from me too!

But to be realistic, and as Dicko pointed out retro-pay won't really affect 1700 of us, so it's not a deal breaker.

According to a SWAPA guy in the lounge, retro would be paid to EVERYONE, even all former AAI pilots.

According to a SWAPA guy in the lounge, retro would be paid to EVERYONE, even all former AAI pilots.

Not that I feel like I deserve retro, but if there's a way to screw over the stepchildren, SWAPA and Gary will find out how.

Last edited:
Not that I feel like I deserve retro, but if there's a way to screw over the stepchildren, SWAPA and Gary will find out how.

Retro is retro. As I understand it, it'll will be paid (as it has before) on all Southwest wages based on rates agreed upon for the individual years in the contract's anniversary since it became amenable. If you came over from the Tran in the last groups, in the last month or two, then your retro won't be all that much, unless this negotiation drags on for much longer. If you came over quickly, then your retro would be years' worth, he just like original SWA guys. Obviously, some former AirTran guys will get more than others, depending on how long they've been on this side of the partition.

-9Capt, there's no way "screw over the stepchildren," as you put it, because all of you are us now. You get whatever we get, based on your Southwest date.

Bubba

Moot point....the first deal won't have retro. And it'll pass, for the reasons previously listed.

Latest resources

Back