• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Southwest Airlines pilot union activates its strike preparedness committee

freightdogfred

Malcontent
Total Time
Mucho
The majority of our list has voted to hurt us for at least the last decade. Sounds like he'll fit in perfectly around here! ;)

??? That's a crazy statement, LOL. If the majority has voted for it, it's what the majority wants? You're the minority, one may surmise it is you attempting to hurt them. I really don't know what the hell you're talking about but this is FI lol. As far a Bubba/bitterness goes, he's confused. I'm merely pointing out that expecting the FAT guys to support the whole Retro thing when is has no benefit/bearing on them is ridiculous. Whether or not SWAPA endorsed the torpedoing of the process agreement is unknown to me, and of little moment at this point. What is known is they made no attempt to prevent it or voice a concern. Ergo, it was something they evidently desired all along. But I digress, it's water under the bridge, here we are now. I don't expect GK to pay retro, rather i see him coming out with a signing bonus, which the FAT would support, as it includes them. So the 1800 FAT guys, the senior guys+koolaid crowd=51% easily
But I got way better things to do than get wrapped around the axle about it, it's summertime- go out and have fun :)

Tripower455

Total Time
Lots..
??? That's a crazy statement, LOL. If the majority has voted for it, it's what the majority wants? You're the minority, one may surmise it is you attempting to hurt them.

Yup. It must be me wanting to hurt them when I tell them to vote no on stuff that inevitably does just that.

The irony is that after getting exactly what they voted YES! for, they complain about it. See SL10, international and 800 side letters (and every other of the 18 friggin side letters we've handed to GK with nothing to show for them) for examples. It would be funny if it weren't costing us time, money and QOL.

I really don't know what the hell you're talking about but this is FI lol.

See above.......

canyonblue

Everyone loves Southwest
Total Time
15000+
Gary yielded to the bigger group and threatened the smaller group with the loss of their livelihoods if they didn't capitulate.

If you were willing to walk away from your jobs at AAI in a strike, why wouldn't you at least do the same thing to Gary and call his bluff? Was employment at SWA that much more meaningful?

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
If you were willing to walk away from your jobs at AAI in a strike, why wouldn't you at least do the same thing to Gary and call his bluff? Was employment at SWA that much more meaningful?

Apparently 85% of the AirTran pilots weren't willing to walk away from their jobs in a strike. Voting yes on a strike vote and actually walking are two very different things.

freightdogfred

Malcontent
Total Time
Mucho

Don't be obtuse. 2 completely different scenarios and you know it. Perhaps the day will come when you get to call Gary's bluff. By happy chance, you will enjoy the support of the FAT group not the other way around.

no1pilot2000

Total Time
Is the culture of LUV that SWA is famous for, becoming a thing of the past? What would HK do?

j41driver

Total Time
Some of us have been here for 3+ years. Bring on the full retro. [emoji482]

DUBLINFLYER

Total Time
I have been involved in several strikes in the past and basically nobody wins - employees loose money (you never make up what you loose even after the strike is over and you get a compromised pay raise or benefits). The company looses revenue, customer satisfaction, employee loyalty and respect. In numerous instances the employees leave for other companies as a result of the animosity and distrust towards the company.

twepilot

Total Time
Lol red.maybe that too. Ask another waterskier about Frank. There use to be stickers for ones flight bag..
Rv

maru657

Total Time
>15000
The problem with this is SWAPA can threaten untill there blue in the face but they can never afford to strike. It's kind of like United in the 80's, too many people they had stepped on in the past.