• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines pilot union activates its strike preparedness committee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, our merger committee was a dismal failure, there's no doubt about that. But that has nothing to do with your continual infighting. That is all SWAPA's and Gary's doing. A fair process allowed to continue to its conclusion would have minimized such nonsense.

Actually, the "continual infighting" exists only on anonymous boards, and then its usually precipitated by one of 5 or so specific, anonymous individuals, who bitch about anything Southwest-related. On the line, and in real life in general, you'l find none of this. None. Out there, it's just like any other airline: the state of negotiations, and what dumb things management has done lately.

BTW, I realize that your primary source of airline information IS from anonymous boards, so I understand how you can fail to see how utterly ludicrous your statement actually is.

Bubba

As I lurk,

One point to think about....Pilots have to let this roll off their backs until after leaving the cockpit. Easier said than done....for safety purposes.

Work Work Work Work Contract Work....has a track record in other airline negotiations as incidents tick upwards while guys were distracted by this talk.

Just a word to step back and not let it get toxic on the flight deck.

As I lurk,

One point to think about....Pilots have to let this roll off their backs until after leaving the cockpit. Easier said than done....for safety purposes.

Work Work Work Work Contract Work....has a track record in other airline negotiations as incidents tick upwards while guys were distracted by this talk.

Just a word to step back and not let it get toxic on the flight deck.

Read Bubba's response above.

He's 100% correct. I fly with FAT folks almost exclusively, and have for the last few years. The animosity spewed on these forums by the usual suspects definitely does not mirror real life.

He's 100% correct. I fly with FAT folks almost exclusively, and have for the last few years. The animosity spewed on these forums by the usual suspects definitely does not mirror real life.

Do you really think you're getting their true feelings on how it all went down?

I have been treated extremely well by the RSWs I have flown with. They have been extremely welcoming and glad we (Trannys') are on the same team. The information on this board is strictly entertainment not reality.

Does it matter? The point was that the vitriol spewed on the anonymous forums is in no way indicative of what goes on in the cockpits.

Agreed. The reason being, 99% on both sides are professionals. I've only met 1 so far I'd prefer not to fly with. I suspect him to be a serial poster but I don't really care. So be it. But to be realistic, and as Dicko pointed out retro-pay won't really affect 1700 of us, so it's not a deal breaker. 1700 disaffected pilots plus a sizeable group of koolaid drinkers=51% easily. Let's vote and get it over with

Agreed. The reason being, 99% on both sides are professionals. I've only met 1 so far I'd prefer not to fly with. I suspect him to be a serial poster but I don't really care. So be it. But to be realistic, and as Dicko pointed out retro-pay won't really affect 1700 of us, so it's not a deal breaker. 1700 disaffected pilots plus a sizeable group of koolaid drinkers=51% easily. Let's vote and get it over with

I say ouch

GK. says 2 thumbs up. :)

Latest resources

Back