• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
, and now you may have chaos.
Godspeed!

OYS

This is were you go completely off the track...because you have NO facts. There is no chaos at SWAPA, as a matter of fact everything thing is the opposite, it's calm and quiet.

Just shows how much you don't know about the situation. Instead, you just fill in the blanks with speculation and lies.

RF

And it is apparent that you Corndogs like what Andy says because he shares some if your views, but that doesn't mean he is correct.

OYS, I fully agree with the sentence that I've quoted.
For what it's worth, I thought that the NWA guys got screwed royally on the DAL/NWA integration. DAL's retirements were cleared out for years to come due to the pension run while former NWA has a ton of retirements coming up. I thought that the arbitrator should have taken future seniority list snapshots into account on his ruling. That would have been more 'fair and equitable'. JMHO.
I haven't discussed fair and equitable very much on the SWA/AAI SLI because no SLI is fair and equitable in everyone's eyes. We all place different weighting on various aspects of the SLI.
I'm looking at this SLI from a standpoint of leverage and who's better 'lawyered up'. Katz vs Freund? I'll take Freund any day of the week. Who represented Delta's and Northwest's pilots on their SLI? I already know the answer.

Last edited:
This is were you go completely off the track...because you have NO facts. There is no chaos at SWAPA, as a matter of fact everything thing is the opposite, it's calm and quiet.

Just shows how much you don't know about the situation. Instead, you just fill in the blanks with speculation and lies.

RF

This is YOUR problem. I wasn't talking about SWAPA and chaos. I was talking about your new "family" with AT. If you go to arbitration, you will have to deal with the award, and then deal with the chaos of your new family members you all just dumped on during this process. That won't be fun.

Godspeed!

OYS

OYS, I fully agree with the sentence that I've quoted.
For what it's worth, I thought that the NWA guys got screwed royally on the DAL/NWA integration. DAL's retirements were cleared out for years to come due to the pension run while former NWA has a ton of retirements coming up. I thought that the arbitrator should have taken future seniority list snapshots into account on his ruling. That would have been more 'fair and equitable'. JMHO.
I haven't discussed fair and equitable very much on the SWA/AAI SLI because no SLI is fair and equitable in everyone's eyes. We all place different weighting on various aspects of the SLI.
I'm looking at this SLI from a standpoint of leverage and who's better 'lawyered up'. Katz vs Freund? I'll take Freund any day of the week. Who represented Delta's and Northwest's pilots on their SLI? I already know the answer.

Good, I see where you are coming from now. I wasn't a part of the integration, but I watched it and now I fly with guys who were. You are right about the 3 arbitrators and how they ruled, and that may be the same type of ruling in upcoming awards, including a possible SWA award. As far as the lawyers go, Katz hasn't won in the last few tries, but ALPA knows that too, and I just don't think they will go the DOH route. They may use Freund's tactics for the DALPA integration strategy, and still get a better outcome than they would have had had they accepted the first SWA offer. The pay differences will be adjusted eventually, but better overall seniority will mean a win for the AT pilots.

Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:
So, you don't think the AT guys will get better seniority if they take it to arbitration? That's called unemotional. And it is apparent that you Corndogs like what Andy says because he shares some if your views, but that doesn't mean he is correct. Overall, your first offer was shot down by the AT MEC, and now you may have chaos. GL would probably say the same, yet you discount things he and I state. Can't say I expect any less myself with you guys. You as a group have handled this poorly, starting with an offer that was deemed worthless by the AT MEC.

Godspeed!

OYS

OYS,

First of all, I'm not going to discuss our integration. That is between the two pilot groups and their respective companies - and, quite frankly none of your business. I assure you they don't need your or GL's help. Besides, you guys really don't care about them or their fair treatment - you guys are simply not that altruistic. It's just an opportunity for you guys to bash SW. That's fine, have at it. I really don't understand your fascination with all the SW threads. Maybe insecurity. I really could care less about Delta's business or internal issues.

Secondly, I don't always agree with everything that Andy posts here. However, it seems like he presents his opinions in a well thought out and articulated manner. Thus, I respect him.

Years ago, I didn't always agree with GL's posts either - but at least I could respect his position. Now with his continous anti SW rhetoric, I no longer feel that way. He's so consumed by it that he sounds like an obsessive, manic depressive, menopausal woman. (My apologies to any of our menopausal participants)

I know I should ignore him, but his posts are like watching a train wreck. I know he doesn't care. Neither do I.

OYS,

First of all, I'm not going to discuss our integration. That is between the two pilot groups and their respective companies - and, quite frankly none of your business. I assure you they don't need your or GL's help. Besides, you guys really don't care about them or their fair treatment - you guys are simply not that altruistic. It's just an opportunity for you guys to bash SW. That's fine, have at it. I really don't understand your fascination with all the SW threads. Maybe insecurity. I really could care less about Delta's business or internal issues.

Secondly, I don't always agree with everything that Andy posts here. However, it seems like he presents his opinions in a well thought out and articulated manner. Thus, I respect him.

Years ago, I didn't always agree with GL's posts either - but at least I could respect his position. Now with his continous anti SW rhetoric, I no longer feel that way. He's so consumed by it that he sounds like an obsessive, manic depressive, menopausal woman. (My apologies to any of our menopausal participants)

I know I should ignore him, but his posts are like watching a train wreck. I know he doesn't care. Neither do I.

Personally, I don't care what you think. Good, don't discuss your integration, plenty others will. And if you like Andy's opinions more because they are more like your hopes and dreams, then continue to "believe.". Recent arbitration awards tend to disagree, but you never know. GL and I have both stated your side should tone it down against the AT pilots, and most of you have not, instead continuing your cocky rants. The anti-SWA rhetoric may be justified if your anti-AT rhetoric continues also. A neutral arbitrator panel should be just fine in deciding what is fair, without your trash talk.

Godspeed, you may need it!

OYS

Last edited:
As far as the lawyers go, Katz hasn't won in the last few tries, but ALPA knows that too, and I just don't think they will go the DOH route. They may use Freund's tactics for the DALPA integration strategy, and still get a better outcome than they would have had had they accepted the first SWA offer.

They're lawyers. A decent lawyer can argue either side of a case and win no matter which side he takes. And that's what Freund has done in the past against Katz. He's beaten Katz on both sides of any integration argument. The relative strength of one's case is less important than the competence of one's lawyer.

They're lawyers. A decent lawyer can argue either side of a case and win no matter which side he takes. And that's what Freund has done in the past against Katz. He's beaten Katz on both sides of any integration argument. The relative strength of one's case is less important than the competence of one's lawyer.

I think everyone knows Katz has lost multiple times to Freund. ALPA knows that too, but SWAPA got him first. The real question is, can Freund get SWAPA what they originally wanted, the bottom 60% of Airtran to go to the bottom 20% at SWA? That was asking for a lot, and I don't think any panel would think that was fair at all. Then throw in the ridiculous fence that all SWA FOs would upgrade before more senior AT FOs. That's crazy. So, Freund may be the better lawyer, but AT may not need a super hero to actually get something more fair than that first offer, and that would be a win for the AT pilots, because the pay will be there eventually. Some SWA FOs may actually get blended in near the bottom, and the SWA FOs on here show their nervousness. If they go to arbitration, that will undoubtedly give the AT pilots MORE than they were initially offered.

Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:

If SWA/SWAPA REALLY wanted to lawyer up they'd go to arbitration and argue that the 717 is going away so gifting 1100 pilots jobs might not be required.

Gup

This is YOUR problem.

OYS

Cool. Then why are you posting on here? Don't even start that you are trying to 'protect the Airtan guys.' Just like Calypso says, you could give a rats @ss about those guys, so everything you state in these threads is completely disengenious, or a flat out lie.

Thanks for posting on every, single AAI/SW thread, but I think we will be okay without you...and

GODSPEED ******************************bag.

RF

Latest resources

Back