Southwest Airlines Expands Atlanta Service With Two New Nonstop Destinations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General,

Andy has waaay more credibility with his industry insights than you have had in years. Sacha is right, keep pounding the same drum for the Trannies to go to arbitration. You do understand that list would NEVER be used don't you? So why keep saying we would have to live under a list that wouldn't even matter? Can you please explain how that would work? Oh...wait, that doesn't fit into you continous BS mantra. Sorry.

RF

General,

Andy has waaay more credibility with his industry insights than you have had in years. Sacha is right, keep pounding the same drum for the Trannies to go to arbitration. You do understand that list would NEVER be used don't you? So why keep saying we would have to live under a list that wouldn't even matter? Can you please explain how that would work? Oh...wait, that doesn't fit into you continous BS mantra. Sorry.

RF

Andy has more CREDIBILITY with his insights? No, you happen to like what HE says better, which doesn't always mirror the truth. The truth is your group is gonna get hammered if you go to arbitration. The eventual award won't even be close to your first offer.(the bottom 60% of Airtran won't be in your bottom 20%) Andy can try to state that the Airtran folks don't deserve this or that, but that is up to the arbitrators. If SWAPA doesn't want to give them higher pay (or GK decides to continue that way), there will be more rifts between your groups and you WILL be the next USAir. Believe it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Nice dodge General, as usual lately you like to avoid the real issues because they don't fit your agenda...

Now once again for you..

How does it it hurt me or any other SW pilot if the list NEVER gets used? Can you comprehend that?

Go find out what "Plan B" is Gen.

The Tranny's know.

They have stopped talking.

For good reason.

You aren't winning any friends on either side.

But that's the intention isn't it?

You are acting like a fool.

Andy can try to state that the Airtran folks don't deserve this or that, but that is up to the arbitrators.

What one deserves has absolutely zero to do with the outcome of this situation. It's about leverage and percentage chances of various outcomes.
Is there a percentage chance that you are correct and there's an arbitrated SLI which is executed and gives AirTran's pilots better seniority? Yes. But I don't give that scenario a high percentage.

I find Southwest's management to be the most transparent in the industry. They don't bluff. I don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp.

Nice dodge General, as usual lately you like to avoid the real issues because they don't fit your agenda...

Now once again for you..

How does it it hurt me or any other SW pilot if the list NEVER gets used? Can you comprehend that?

If the list never gets used? You mean like at USAir? How are they doing these days? They can't renegotiate anything because if they do, they have to use the SLI Award from Nicalau. If they don't, then the AWA side can say "harm" was used on them, and they can sue everyone. The judge in the case said since "harm" hasn't happened YET, nothing can be done, YET. Got it? If you have to go through this, and the arbitrator panel issues a binding award, it will stick over your heads FOREVER. Eventually, you and others will have to deal with it. Try not to HARM your future brothers and sisters now, ya hear?

Bye Bye---General Lee

What one deserves has absolutely zero to do with the outcome of this situation. It's about leverage and percentage chances of various outcomes.
Is there a percentage chance that you are correct and there's an arbitrated SLI which is executed and gives AirTran's pilots better seniority? Yes. But I don't give that scenario a high percentage.

I find Southwest's management to be the most transparent in the industry. They don't bluff. I don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp.

GK seems transparent, but since the last aquisition, the laws have changed, and they seem to benefit the "aquired" employees too. You can't just staple anymore, and you can't just dump them off. (Bond/McKaskil) The SWA management also signed a Process Agreement, and I bet the ALPA lawyers had some legal speak put into that too. I guess GK and SWAPA thought the Airtran group would immediately take the money, and not care as much about the seniority. So far that hasn't been the case.

I want to know what you think the SWA management CAN do? Does the BOD want this merger/aquisition to fail? I doubt that. Do the stockholders? Who does the CEO work for? The BOD and stockholders I would think. I doubt he works for the pilot group. If this goes to arbitration, I would guess that in the end GK might have to tell his pilots "well, it is binding, and now you can blame those arbitrators, and not me. See ya." Even the CFO said it could take "several years" to dump the 717s. I don't see anything happening fast, and if the next offer isn't GREAT, it may go to arbitration, and that would be interesting to watch. That concept is NOT hard to grasp.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Go find out what "Plan B" is Gen.

The Tranny's know.

They have stopped talking.

For good reason.

You aren't winning any friends on either side.

But that's the intention isn't it?

You are acting like a fool.

Plan B, eh? Uh huh. They have stopped talking? Maybe they are getting ready for the arbitrators? If the next offer isn't great, I would guess they might be heading that way. And, I am expressing my opinions on this board, not looking for more friends. Speaking of friends though, you aren't making any with your future brothers and sisters at Airtran, so I would suggest you start working on your manners towards them. Good luck with that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back