SouthernAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh man...

Oh man don't call Kalitta Air junkyard planes I bet southernair dosn't have efis nor FMS on your classics.
Plus now we adding efis for the enignes instruments too on both panels pilot's and fe's. After Connie has bought the Air force base in oskoda for maintenance we have no problems.
I agree GE egines are far superior but we have a PW specialized facility so we do in-house overhaulls now and we only PW certified.

And BTW you guys don't even put anyone on the job fair at Aeroservice to receive resumes or talk about the company and that doesn't look nice from Southernair.

Anyway just don't call bad what you don't actually know.

1800rvr

Thanks for the info. You have made things much more clearer. Sounds like a good place to be. Our industry may suck now, so cargo is definately the place to be. Okay, SWA and JB are the exception. ;=)

Do they issue Southen Air stickers in training or something. Everywhere I go in ICN is see one of those damn stickers. The latest one is in the hotel elevator.

Thedude said:
Do they issue Southen Air stickers in training or something. Everywhere I go in ICN is see one of those dang stickers. The latest one is in the hotel elevator.

I saw that to. It might be free advertise to get new costumers.
You know that "5" stars hotel in Incheon. Oh yeah only 5 stars hotel they said :)

???

1800rvr said:
union pissing contest and shoot the finger at everyone you see, go to the mess at Atlas/Polar.

Dude ,

What are you smoking, the only finger shooting going on is at the Polar guys starting all the trouble here, I actually have friends at Polar and get along good with the guys I see at the many layover hotels around the world. Plus they couldn't pay me enough, to come to Southern Air, I saw what they pay you guys:laugh: . I work no more than 10 days a month, and based in MIA. Beat That!

Okay, so I got furloughed while in the sim in MIA,
from Pace, unfortunately on a Friday and got shipped
out on Sat morning, didn't have any resumes
with me anyway. How do you get a resume
to Southern?

bombinha said:
Plus now we adding efis for the enignes instruments too on both panels pilot's and fe's.

True. But they only work if the engines stay attached to the airplane.

1800rvr said:
Here is some of the basic facts on Southern. ...........

4 aircraft, all -200's freighters with the superior GE engines.

No -300's? I was in ANC last week, and I could have sworn I saw a Southern 747-300 parked on the NWA ramp.

Southern Air Q & A's

Several people PM me for information on SA pay.......here goes.

60hr guarantee, 30hrs paid on the 15th of the month and 30hrs + overtime +deadhead +perdiem on the 30th. You can have a check mailed to home or use direct deposit which most everyone uses.

Here is the crew pay:

Year Captain F/O F/E
...........................................................................................

1 77.00 53.90 53.90

2 96.00 61.60 61.60

3 100.20 64.31 64.31

4 105.60 67.76 67.76

5 111.60 71.61 71.61

6 117.18 73.76 73.76

7 123.04 75.97 75.97

SDO - schedule day off pay - 3:00 hrs a day
Check Airmen pay - Capt - F/O line and IOE; $5.00 additional p.h.
Simulator Check airmen - $5.00 additional p.h.
Check F/E pay - $10.00 additional p.h.
ground school - all crews - 2:00 hours a day
simulator P/T-P/C training - 4:00 hours a day

That is the hard facts - I am not a sunshine pump; so take it for what it is worth.

It is not the best and not the worst.

I wish I was making more, but that is the hard reality of this ever churning airline industry.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back