• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So from reading and doing some research, I am trying to figure out how many southern has hired this fall...
August - ?
Sept 19th - 6
October 3rd- 25
Future classes
October 24th - ?
November 14th - ?

These are just the classes I've heard of or seen around. Seems like classes every 2-3 weeks. They said they wanted 400 total by the end of 2012, right? So basically about 100 to go. Anyone have some more info to chime in? Thanks!

So from reading and doing some research, I am trying to figure out how many southern has hired this fall...
August - ?
Sept 19th - 6
October 3rd- 25
Future classes
October 24th - ?
November 14th - ?

These are just the classes I've heard of or seen around. Seems like classes every 2-3 weeks. They said they wanted 400 total by the end of 2012, right? So basically about 100 to go. Anyone have some more info to chime in? Thanks!

Just so you know, the Nov. 21st class has been moved to Dec. 6th. No idea of the numbers. Glad to be there.

August - ?
Sept 19th - 6
October 3rd- 25
Future classes
October 24th - ?
November 14th - ?

In September I was told that there gonna be two more classes of 16 on Classic by the end of the year. We are pretty short. At the same time they ran all recurrents early and there wont be any more trough the rest of the year. May be they cleared room for new hires.

We had profit sharing, good work rules and an IBT 87% vote. Not bad for 1 year operating. How long has Southern been running again?

Moreover SX was not in direct competition with anyone as all of our routes were new and unique. Out market segment was people who would otherwise not fly. Southern however is in direct competition with Kalitta, Atlas, World and Evergreen.

I also made more money flying my 37 seat jet than any of your captains ever did flying an A-320. Skybus and Gojets are on the same page of the airline history books.

I also made more money flying my 37 seat jet than any of your captains ever did flying an A-320. Skybus and Gojets are on the same page of the airline history books.

I highly doubt it... we made industry average for 1st year CA... between 90 and 100K on a 90 hour credit... we hardly worked more than 75 to get that credit. Moreover, we were 4 on 4 off and home every night. Reserve guarantee was 60K/yr but nobody sat reserve the entire time the airline operated.

Add to this profit share (which granted never happened) made our pay, while low, worth the risk.

What kind of 37 seat jet did you fly and where, and AFTER HOW MANY YEARS seniority that you made 90-100K?

-----Sweet----- My pay check BIGGER then you're Game. Grow Up!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back