• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wow, I guess we are all in the same boat. I read a post from a guy on APC that had it posted on August 5th. he says he got a call from them on August 5th for an October class. Now I know for a fact that Southern began interviewing on August 1st, so in 4 days he heard something????? I dont know what is what but I sure would like to know something. Maybe they are re-thinking their class schedules since Swordfish posted that the 777 deal fell through!!! let me know your thoughts. thx

well they must be short, since I'm in the top 20% of the pilot group!

Dear all,

If you have received this email you will be extended on your GDO days to operate additional flights between Sep 2-Sep 6. You will have the options to slide your GDOs or get it paid, at your choice.

There are several reasons why we have to utilize you involuntarily on your GDOs, mainly (1)the requirements of additional LCAs to sign off the OEs; (2) A few crewmembers have maxed out flight time limitations in 30 consecutive days.

In compliance with the CBA, all crew members have been selected based upon reverse seniority.

If you have any further questions regarding the matter please contact crew planning.

Regards,

So in a nut shell, all of that may have something to do with management being very busy , these days and affecting the calls on the interview results. Is there going to be a September class? At all. I'll give an arm or a leg to be in a class . Southern is my kind of a place and it's where I would hang up my hat. But then if I give an arm or a leg then I will never be able to fly. So for now we keep on waiting FOR some good news , maybe I save my arm or the leg.
Sword, thx for all the good info that you always give. If and when I get hired there , I'm buying the first oneS.......my hopes are high.

Sword,

So does that mean they can extend you more than the 20 days into your days off? Do your off days just slide into your next work block to shorten it? What do you get paid to work on the off days?

Sword,

So does that mean they can extend you more than the 20 days into your days off? Do your off days just slide into your next work block to shorten it? What do you get paid to work on the off days?

I have been held out over 52 days of which I sat in a hotel in BKK for 16 days straight.

you can choose to get 4hrs a day(gdo)on top of what you fly or slide the days off into the next months. although working more then 20 days sucks

Roswell41
I was under impression that it'll be the classics, since a lot of senior guys will be moving to the 400s. I remember asking the question. Anyhow you heard anything yet from them?

How do they determine who gets what equipment? Is it by seniority in class? How is that determined?

Also, unrelated, what are the hotels like when on the road?

How do they determine who gets what equipment? Is it by seniority in class? How is that determined?

Also, unrelated, what are the hotels like when on the road?

Seniority in the class, class seniority is by Age, hotel used to be nice now management is all about putting crews as close to the airport as possible, most are OK.

Latest resources

Back