• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I remember the VP OF OPS pre interview briefing mentioned the projected fleet as of this time is : 8 400s - 4 200s- and 4 to 6 777s. This was mentioned on the first week of August in Miami. I'm just passing along what I heard . And we all know how dynamic this industry is.
Ps; any post interview calls yet?

Awesome, as for me I just would like to be hired there , Southern is the place for me. It where i want to spend the rest of my flying and I ll be grateful for any equipment that i can get my hand on,regardless.
Congrats to the new class.

anyone know the experience levels of guys getting picked up? specifically anyone with less than 500 hrs in a AC more than 41,000#? I am about 100 hours shy of the 500hr mark, but exceed all other mins with no internal help. Do i stand a chance?

Last edited:
anyone know the experience levels of guys getting picked up? specifically anyone with less than 500 hrs in a AC more than 41,000#? I am about 100 hours shy of the 500hr mark, but exceed all other mins with no internal help. Do i stand a chance?

Wide-body International Experience, because most new hires will be hired to the classic and could upgrade within the first year.

furloughed= the correct term is laidoff, they have no recalled rights.
Sword

um... no, that's not true. In fact, Southern has recently gotten authorization from the FAA to use Evergreen's "FE exemption", basically giving the furloughed FE's an opportunity to get back into the cockpit once they get 500 hours pilot time.

They would have 2 years to do so, then have to come back, take a recurrent class to become "current and qualified", and then move over directly to FO training.

Either way, even if an FE decides not to come back, they still have recall rights for 2 years, if the company finds itself in a position down the road where they're short.

On a different note, congrats to all the new hires. Southern isn't perfect, and we have a long way to go to get equitable with Atlas, but we're farther along today than a year ago. I wish everybody the best of luck in training- for you 200 guys, listen to the engineers. They have a wealth of knowledge.

And the wings at Bryson's are pretty damn good.

um... no, that's not true. In fact, Southern has recently gotten authorization from the FAA to use Evergreen's "FE exemption", basically giving the furloughed FE's an opportunity to get back into the cockpit once they get 500 hours pilot time.

They would have 2 years to do so, then have to come back, take a recurrent class to become "current and qualified", and then move over directly to FO training.

Either way, even if an FE decides not to come back, they still have recall rights for 2 years, if the company finds itself in a position down the road where they're short.

On a different note, congrats to all the new hires. Southern isn't perfect, and we have a long way to go to get equitable with Atlas, but we're farther along today than a year ago. I wish everybody the best of luck in training- for you 200 guys, listen to the engineers. They have a wealth of knowledge.

And the wings at Bryson's are pretty damn good.

That great but where is this written? It not in our CBA or GOM. maybe one of those supper secrete side letters.

Latest resources

Back