• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sounds like ASA is also loosing SLC to XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I know what the announcement is going to be.........

Chuck Norris will be ASA's new Chief Pilot. Everybody else will be sent back to the line!

I didn't see SLC in any of the public announcements today. It only said service from LAX to Mexico and Western ski markets. I think someone is hoping that they see some SLC flying out of the deal, but I'll bet it will just be turns to SLC from LAX if anything. There is no SLC base for XJT pilots now and I don't think there will be one in the future. If there is, then SKYW will have to use some of their cash to buy XJT then move the flying back out of SLC.

There were 2 reasons the ASA 50 seater went through SLC.

1. There was an ASA Maintenance base in SLC.

2. SLC was the crossover point to transition 50 seaters from ATL to the West Coast.

However, the information did mention XJET service from SLC to Colorado Ski markets. It's possible that what was meant was service from LAX to these Colorado ski markets. There would be no reason to have fly out of SLC since Skywest is already there. Or would there?

Last edited:
Just wondering but where are all the crying express guys now? They bitch and bitch about how CHQ is scumb taking all THEIR flying but it's ok to take Delta routes flown by ASA.

What a bunch of hypocrites!

Yeah, we as a pilot group can control this stuff. You guys are a bunch of f&*king morons who need to get out of your mom's basement and off the computer for a while. You should be excited that a pilot group has proven it can obtain business without taking a 30% pay cut, hence paving the way for your carrier to one day have to pay you more money.

That is why I get up and put on the monkey suit; money. I have a family to care for. If you're doing this because it's your "dream", then yippee dee for you. The rest of us want to make a living. Tell that to your boss(es) next time they try to shove a substandard contract down your throat. The rest of us will be all the better for it.

Head out of hind quarters sir. Who took a pay cut here? Don't judge the entire pilot group based on some comments you read here, I know that I don't judge yours. Welcome to the DConn family, enjoy the Sunchips.

Yeah, we as a pilot group can control this stuff. You guys are a bunch of f&*king morons who need to get out of your mom's basement and off the computer for a while. You should be excited that a pilot group has proven it can obtain business without taking a 30% pay cut, hence paving the way for your carrier to one day have to pay you more money.

That is why I get up and put on the monkey suit; money. I have a family to care for. If you're doing this because it's your "dream", then yippee dee for you. The rest of us want to make a living. Tell that to your boss(es) next time they try to shove a substandard contract down your throat. The rest of us will be all the better for it.

Latest resources

Back