• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sounds like ASA is also loosing SLC to XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only fifty seat flying that ASA did in SLC was through to LAX.

Quit gloating.

For the record, based on his profile and previous posts, the person who created this thread is an ASA pilot....so I don't think he intended to gloat.

Bragging about who has the best 50-seater is like bragging about who has the best double-wide in the trailer park.
Don't you mean bragging about who has the best looking double breasted pilot jacket?

I didn't see SLC in any of the public announcements today. It only said service from LAX to Mexico and Western ski markets. I think someone is hoping that they see some SLC flying out of the deal, but I'll bet it will just be turns to SLC from LAX if anything. There is no SLC base for XJT pilots now and I don't think there will be one in the future. If there is, then SKYW will have to use some of their cash to buy XJT then move the flying back out of SLC.

Hey,

They're ALPA, so it's not stealing!! (Soon to be followed by "you're always welcome in my JS")

Thankyou sir, may I have some more?

The statement in the news release that stood out for me was:
Houston-based ExpressJet will be the new Delta Connection carrier in the SLC market, replacing the current Atlantic Southeast Airlines service.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm reading into it that all of our (ASA's) 50 seat and 70 seat flying out of SLC will be replaced by XJT. Makes you kinda wonder how fast ASA is sinking...

As opposed to the "comfortable" CRJ? All the RJ's are uncomfortable.

My personal experience is that the CRJ is relatively more comfortable than the E145. They both suck for anything more than 50 minutes. The E170 was pretty nice the one time I have ridden on it and beats them both.

Unless your in first class all airline seats are uncomfotable after a little bit.

Last edited:
My personal experience is that the CRJ is relatively more comfortable than the E145. They both suck for anything more than 50 minutes. The E170 was pretty nice the one time I have ridden on it and beats them both.

Unless your in first class all airline seats are uncomfotable after a little bit.

Personally, I enjoy riding on RJ's... ERJ or CRJ I prefer over any Boeing or Airbus product assuming we're talking coach.

However, many people appear to despise the CRJ. I'm not quite sure why... though this thread is pretty entertaining:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630912

These aren't pilots, just passengers... frequent fliers savvy enough to know the difference between a ERJ and a CRJ. My favorite quote "I would take an ERJ on fire over a CRJ any day." lol

I get the fact that you have to be baised toward your ride.

Personally, I think the E170 is loud.....give me an airbus.

Just wondering but where are all the crying express guys now? They bitch and bitch about how CHQ is scumb taking all THEIR flying but it's ok to take Delta routes flown by ASA.

What a bunch of hypocrites!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back