• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EatinRamen

ExpressJet joins the team as our latest Delta Connection carrier
dlconnection_logo.jpg
ExpressJet is the newest member of the Delta Connection carrier team and has signed a two year capacity purchase agreement with Delta. The deal covers 10 50-seat ERJ-145XR aircraft that will start service between May and July. The majority of these planes will operate between Los Angeles and Mexico and U.S. domestic cities as well as serving some ski destinations from Salt Lake City. Houston-based ExpressJet will be the new Delta Connection carrier in the SLC market, replacing the current Atlantic Southeast Airlines service.
"We are pleased to have ExpressJet join the Delta Connection program," said Shawn Anderson, v.p.-Delta Connection. "We decided to partner with them because of their strong operating performance and the capabilities of their ERJ-145XR fleet that will enable us to offer customers more choices to and from the Western ski markets and into our hub in Los Angeles."
The restructured Delta Connection program ensures that we have the cost-competitive regional flying required as we restructure our network, while providing excellent service for our customers.

I don't see anything more than what has already been announced simply because no other aircraft are avaliable. These aircraft were the only aircraft "left over" if you will from our other commitments.

BTW, I don't think there will too much gloating. You never know, we have 10% a$$holes like everyone else.

While this is negative for ASA, it is not good for SkyWest Holdings, Inc., either. Apparently Delta is not going to let any entity have a monopoly of any market, even if it makes sense to do so.

I think I can see why the managers are also beginning to bail out in addition to the pilots that are leaving. Wow, this end of the business is going to get ugly if no one has greater than a few weeks' look into the future of their operation.

What's so great about the 145 XR? I know it has longer legs than the regular 145 but is it that much better than a CRJ?

What's so great about the 145 XR? I know it has longer legs than the regular 145 but is it that much better than a CRJ?

You can always put fifty people on it and fill it with enought gas to fly four hours from airports above 5000 feet. For once a plane does just what it was advertised to do.

It's got excellent hot and high takeoff performance. You can also load it with bags, gas, and pax and still have weight left over to play with. Good airplane all around!

Bragging about who has the best 50-seater is like bragging about who has the best double-wide in the trailer park.

Bragging about who has the best 50-seater is like bragging about who has the best double-wide in the trailer park.

You know, I usually despise the arrogance in your posts SuperKooter. But that was downright funny...I don't care who ya are.

Latest resources

Back