• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sorry Colgan, but you will not be as lucky as Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
good post. I like it. Lets move forward. The first step in that is the big ignore for flyer! I have rehashed a lot of bad things from the past which I thought I had put behind me (some from past contracts-bankruptcies-and of course the SLI) but that is unhealthy and the would have could haves does not do any of us any good. Flyer is in his own reality and does not know the facts of the events that occurred in the last year or what is going on now-as evident by him blaming mesaba pilots for this mess. He fails to see that there are more Mesaba captains and FO's that could very well be in worse shape today in our current scenario than if we would have just stayed independent and lost the SAabs. But like I said, that is neither here nor there.

I do not know all the union guys and have had my differences with them in the past but I will say that they are working hard and dealing with the situation at hand in our best interest as a pilot group. We might not all agree with every single decision they make, but they deserve our support.

as evident by him blaming mesaba pilots for this mess.
I don't blame Mesaba pilots for this mess. Your group had no say in being bought out. My blame lies on those who truly bungled up this whole integration, and that includes those in management and select certain merger committee members who were in over their heads. Other than that, I dont blame Mesaba pilots or Colgan pilots. No one asked to be in this situation.

No I wasn't, and at the 4.5 year mark, I still never felt entitled. Still feels a little wrong to see our March 07 DOH Captains getting bumped by 2008 DOH pilots at Colgan.

Buying Mesaba wasn't a problem. Combining the whole operation into one was the problem. We could have just as easily gone the TSA Holdings style, and kept all three running separately, mostly at a profit. But the union pushed through one list, one contract to the company. That was a pre-mature move. Live to fight another day when it comes to preventing whipsaw.

Lets consider another one of your genious ideas...

Before Pinnacle, I was furloughed from Trans States... goatjet was hiring at the very same time...

Partial truth. Oh how I like FI.com. Yes, they want 7% now, but only for a year instead of the 5% paycut indefinitely. True, if we go bankrupt it won't matter.
i assume bkrptcy. i think only a fool doesn't. IM(most)HO:D

Latest resources

Back