• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Someone's in deep trouble!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I know is that these IDIOTS are making life that much harder for honest GA pilots. AOPA is constatnly trying to fend off the Govt. and private groups that want to kill GA, then here come these tools.

The Govt. needs to make an example out of the CFI, perhaps a little well publicized jail time would get the message to the ten percent BONEHEAD pilots.

My guess is that the decision to shoot-down has to go through so many levels that by the time it got close to that point he had already turned around.

This guy definately needed weeded out of the general population and chalked up to natural selection. I've always wondered what a Cessna taking a sidewinder would look like ...

First of all...hasn't it already been said that the PIC was NOT a CFI. I thought someone posted his Airman record in an earlier (or possibly the general) thread. Personally, I'm in favor of a bunch of artillery on top of the white house which automatically targets unidentified aircraft and fires when it's within a certain distance. If you stray...you die. Plain and simple. Natural selection takes over at that point if you're stupid enough to not do your homework the night before.

Shoot em down and let God sort them out. At the minimum, I think this guy should have every license revoked and IMO a little jail time wouldn't be all bad either. If people still persist on doing this stupid sh*te, then we will have missiles shooting down planes pretty soon.

SpacemanSpiff said:
There were no great restrictions placed on general aviation after 9/11...were there? The only change has been much tighter security for the Washington DC area and some other possible targets such as nuclear power plants. Also there are tighter controls on training foreigners. Stalinist?!? Give me a break.

Lessee.. The ADIZ is a huge restriction placed on GA pilots. Before 9/11, you could fly around most of washington, DC except for a few small pockets right over the capitol and white house. DCA is still closed to General Aviation, the 3 GA airports that are still inaccessible, unless you can get a security clearance, which you can only get by traveling to DCA (I don't mind that security clearance, but it would be nice if I could go to the local TSA office or FBI office and get fingerprinted there, instead of only authorizing the TSA office at DCA)..

SpacemanSpiff said:
These guys flew within about 3 miles of the capitol. Should they be allowed to practice turns about a point over Washington monument? What would an appropriate response/restriction be?

Check your sectional for Washington DC. I believe the original restricted areas are still on there, surrounded by the "Temporary" ADIZ.

You guys in the big jets seem to forget about the restrictions placed on the little birds..

I will say these guys had to have popped Class B airspace to get that close, so I figure the CFI will get multiple violations for both the TFR and Class B incursions.

The student, I'm assuming, will get nothing, since he's a student and wasn't PIC. I may be wrong, however.

Take one for the team...

Again the repercussions from this mishap will be a significant setback for GA improvements....one step forward and two steps back now! I still think it's ironic they were forced to land at the same airport that AOPA is based. What a slap in the face? Also, we have MR. Daley, my hometown mayor in Chicago, using this event as ammunition to ban my lakeshore flights.

Link for Daley story....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0505120199may12,1,7425994.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Daley is insane, yet again..

Small planes should have to fly over Lake Michigan and navigate around the city, and pilots who stray should pay a big price--"maybe half a million dollars," Daley said.

Meigs did a great job "protecting downtown" because it made most of downtown controlled airspace. Restricted airspace won't stop a terrorist. I am so sick of politicians not accepting/understanding this.

taken from the Chicago Tribune article:

"On Wednesday, the mayor continued to question why such bans are OK for the nation's capital, parts of New York, Disney World and Disneyland, but not for Chicago and other big cities"

MICKEY MOUSE = WORTH PROTECTING, and a VALUABLE PART OF AMERICAN CULTURE

Mayor Daley = Not worth the paper I wipe my *ss with!

Latest resources

Back