• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Someone's gotta say it...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its driving me nuts I can't find the article in the usatoday about hotel guests wearing completely inappropriate things in hotel lounges and what hotels were doing about it.

Some of the interesting stories they had were guests that use the hotel lounge and restaurant wearing nothing but their robe. Kibbles and bits and all hanging out.

Damn I wish i can find it.

I do see all kinds of dress in the lounges. Last I checked there is no dress code or very limited.

Kumbaya kumbaya.....................

Last edited:
Its driving me nuts I can't find the article in the usatoday about hotel guests wearing completely inappropriate things in hotel lounges and what hotels were doing about it.

Some of the interesting stories they had were guests that use the hotel lounge and restaurant wearing nothing but their robe. Kibbles and bits and all hanging out.

Damn I wish i can find it.

I do see all kinds of dress in the lounges. Last I checked there is no dress code or very limited.

Kumbaya kumbaya.....................

Sleep walkers(nekid)........hotel staff have been trained to offer a towel and get them back to their rooms. Seems to be a Big problem in the UK. Warm beer, I think.

I do at least one 10hr turn on the slave ship(excel) at least a week. I averaged my 10hr turns for the last two years and came up with 2.74 <11 hours a week , and yes, I have dropped the f bomb when I needed it.

Second, When I on duty, I will do my part and make sure that I give every single owner the experience that they deserve. When I am duty my tie is tied, my shoes are shined, my shirt and pants are pressed. But If I choose to wear shorts, tshirts, sweats, running pants, that is my choice.

Don't take me the wrong way, Im not going to come in the lounge naked, nor am I going to dress up to come to a Lounge. You guys really need to relax and worry about something important.

I will wear my running pants and tshirt to every lounge proudly from now on. I have not and will not let another pilot tell me how to dress when I am off duty.

Last edited:
Isn't there a reason they call it a lounge?

On duty- look sharp; Off duty- it's my business.

Besides, I try not to let anyone know I'm a pilot. I try to come up with a far more interesting line of business than pilot.

Hey if we're talking etiquette.

[SIZE=+1]The Internet offers hundreds of e-card sites, with everything from ‘happy pickle week' to ‘congratulations on your divorce settlement'. But, the rules of etiquette become more important when dealing with e-cards that replace regular greeting cards, such as sympathy cards and holiday greetings to close friends and family. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Getting a birthday e-card didn't impress university student Matt Stanley, who has started to get holiday e-cards from people who used to send him real cards. "If you're going to take the time to send a card, I'd much prefer a card in the mail," said Stanley, who describes himself as a traditionalist. "E- cards are just impersonal." [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]According to etiquette expert Karen Mallett, e-cards should only be used when emotion isn't involved. "I totally understand the Internet's importance, but I think that sincerity is key and if you don't really mean it, don't do it. If it's just a rush thing because you don't have time to think about the people you care about, maybe your priorities are a little out of whack," says Mallett, who co-owns In Good Company, a Winnipeg business which specializes in etiquette education. [/SIZE]

Hey if we're talking etiquette.

[SIZE=+1]The Internet offers hundreds of e-card sites, with everything from ‘happy pickle week' to ‘congratulations on your divorce settlement'. But, the rules of etiquette become more important when dealing with e-cards that replace regular greeting cards, such as sympathy cards and holiday greetings to close friends and family. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Getting a birthday e-card didn't impress university student Matt Stanley, who has started to get holiday e-cards from people who used to send him real cards. "If you're going to take the time to send a card, I'd much prefer a card in the mail," said Stanley, who describes himself as a traditionalist. "E- cards are just impersonal." [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]According to etiquette expert Karen Mallett, e-cards should only be used when emotion isn't involved. "I totally understand the Internet's importance, but I think that sincerity is key and if you don't really mean it, don't do it. If it's just a rush thing because you don't have time to think about the people you care about, maybe your priorities are a little out of whack," says Mallett, who co-owns In Good Company, a Winnipeg business which specializes in etiquette education. [/SIZE]

I'm certainly no etiquette "expert," but when I get a card, e-card or paper, what matters to me is the thought behind the SENDER'S words. I've actually become partial to e-cards because they usually say so little, you HAVE to put some thought into what you're going to write.

Which do I prefer (or would you): a paper Hallmark card with some card-poet's words printed on it, and a hand-written "Love, XXXX?" Or an e-card with a good 2 or more sentences typed by the sender telling you exactly how THEY feel?

Yes, I know some thought has to go into picking just the "right" printed paper card, but certainly not as much as actually sitting down with a pen, or on a keyboard, to formulate a genuine thought to convey your emotions.

Paper or electronic, I want YOUR words, not some two-bit poet's. Mallett's comments can easily apply to either medium.

Good post, Zman! Personally, I've spent as much, if not more, time choosing ecards vs paper ones. And when it comes to card etiquette; I think those w/the senders' names printed on the inside, instead of handwritten, are the rudest of all. You're exactly right about the greater effort that it takes to write YOUR message. That's just the content alone. Some ecards (like Blue Mountain) allow you to choose font style, size, and color. The musical background ones often have a list of choices so that takes time and thought to choose the one that strikes the right chord (pun intended) for the mood the author is creating. Far more effort and personal expression can go into ecards. I've sent letters to friends and family members using ecards. That works nicely w/BlMt because there is usually no limit. Have you ever run out of room in a paper card? I have. Ever gotten a letter in a card that you had a hard time reading the person's handwriting? I do regularly. In an ecard you can focus on the message without the distraction of trying to decipher the illegible scrawl.

All the above notwithstanding, I recognize that many still enjoy the "real" cards on special occasions. So we send both kinds from my family. The golden rule in etiquette is that "It's the thought that counts". If you didn't get a paper card in the mail on time, a heart-felt, personal message sent in an ecard is FAR BETTER than sending nothing at all. I was introduced to ecards by my husband's Godparents so don't assume the older generation wouldn't enjoy ecards, especially if it means hearing from you more often. Kids are much more interested in choosing an ecard for a relative than a boring (their words) paper one. The interactive cards can be artistic and/or fun.

Yeah, umm..paper cards, e-cards....no input here from me as I'm a dude. Let me know how the debate turns out.

Nice to see the lounge attire debate start to swing towards sanity. Remind me to send a card to everyone who thinks we should pack Dockers and Polos on the chance we frequent a Hilton Honors Lounge.

I like to make sure I'm in full tuxedo when I enter a lounge.

Anything less is incredibly rude.

Hey glass do you think njawife wears a full evening gown when she entered a lounge 10 years ago?

Latest resources

Back