• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Someone's gotta say it...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is you can't fix stupid or clueless.

However that being said, with the class of people that they are letting into the lounges these days it doesn't matter how you in act in some cases, the freaks will out do you every time. Seems like any sort of hotel points level get you in.

I rarely if ever go to the lounges anymore for that reason. The whole experience is going to crap.

You are, of course, correct. I didn't mean to imply that crews are the only, or the biggest offenders. However, we need to be aware that those FBO tee shirts and that "aviation talk" makes us easily identifiable as a group. If an individual wants to distinguish himself with bad manners, that's his business, but when he becomes identifiable as one of "us", it becomes our problem.

I guess staying in Motel 6 IS a solution, but it's one I don't care for. I like the free food and drinks!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
And don't forget to tip the nice folks who work there! always arm yourself with a few baloney skins.

You are, of course, correct. I didn't mean to imply that crews are the only, or the biggest offenders. However, we need to be aware that those FBO tee shirts and that "aviation talk" makes us easily identifiable as a group. If an individual wants to distinguish himself with bad manners, that's his business, but when he becomes identifiable as one of "us", it becomes our problem.

I guess staying in Motel 6 IS a solution, but it's one I don't care for. I like the free food and drinks!:rolleyes:

Agree totally Mooney, the problem is we are getting too big to police ourselves and you are always going to have the 5% that don't get it no matter what you say to them. If you point out their behavior as wrong, they just justify it as you picking on them.

I have pointed out to some of our genius pilots that walking around a FBO, that if frequented by mangement types, without a tie is dumb and all I got was grief. Owners and 10 other crews around and this guy thinks he is special. NO it wasn't a falcon crew either. I would have paid money to see one of the mangement guys walk through the door.

Reward club membership is not a company supplied item (at least at my company). I doubt that the hotel chain would deny it to everyone at a company. They may not even know which guests are employees of your company.

More likely, they would ban a particular offender.

I will wear whatever I want to any lounge I please. We are not on duty. You guys to need to relax, and enjoy the 10hr turn.

I will wear whatever I want to any lounge I please. We are not on duty. You guys to need to relax, and enjoy the 10hr turn.

Besides, There's only so much room in that 7 day tour bag. Shorts, flip flops, and a thin tee shirt take up no room at all!

then proceeds to yak away on his cell phone about his fractional flying experiences of the day so loud that no one can hear the evening news

And maybe those businessmen are owners of shares in your fractional. Just becuase you do not know the poeple around you, don't speak loudly about private and confidential matetrs with others in the room. They may know who you are or whom you work for.

Fly safe.

CS? those guys are so rude!!

Latest resources

Back