Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some UAL/CAL News (For Those Interested)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's insulting is your illusion that hazing a new-hire is somehow accepted practice and that a LUAL furloughees (voluntary and involuntary), hired at LCAL should feel privileged as you so sentimentally "It wasn't what the UAL pilots are experiencing by any measure." alluded. Rather than sitting there on your throne letting your slack jaw lead your wisdom, you might consider a V-LOA from LUAL to join up at the bottom of the LCAL seniority list. My intuition tells me that yours and eagle's opinions will be different.

What I find insulting, is that if the current situation was reversed? I don't think L-UAL would be offering ANYTHING to my fellow L-CAL pilots who were furloughed. Not a damn thing.

You need to check your history and remind yourself what UAL pilot history is and stow your attitude...

...sitting there on your throne letting your slack jaw lead your wisdom...
Left out the "Your mamma so fat, when she walks into a room .... " insult, but still, very nice.

Regarding "hazing," I would disagree. No medical, $29k, no work rules isn't hazing, it's just pathetic, and has likely been that way since the '80s. But since you bring it up one has to wonder, with insistence on "new hire," if there isn't some "woe-is-me-I'm-a-new-hire-at-the-scab-airline, a professional pilot who has descended into the belly of the beast, when I get recalled I will tell you my war stories" going on.

I suppose it's time to capitulate for me though. That last media article (post 18) refers to the UAL pilot furloughees as from "United" but the CAL pilot furloughees as from United's "Continental subsidiary," with no mention that UAL pilots are even flying at the "subsidiary" now, as if all 1457 are still unemployed as pilots, as if Continental doesn't exist.

Oh, yea, it doesn't. Pretty clear since the planes aren't flying anymore.

Last edited:
CAL sucks... I feel bad for the UAL furloughess that have to take the job!

Densoo, the insult was being hired at CAL 2005-2008 with no health ins for 6 months...

What I find insulting, is that if the current situation was reversed? I don't think L-UAL would be offering ANYTHING to my fellow L-CAL pilots who were furloughed. Not a damn thing.

You need to check your history and remind yourself what UAL pilot history is and stow your attitude...

Flop, live in your own darkness with your hypotheses if it make you feel better. UAL's history pales in comparison to the cutting of throats among the plethora of pilot groups that now make up CAL's seniority list. ...and you're worried about how L-UAL will treat your furloughees? You're wasting worries boss...

Left out the "Your mamma so fat, when she walks into a room .... " insult, but still, very nice.

Regarding "hazing," I would disagree. No medical, $29k, no work rules isn't hazing, it's just pathetic, and has likely been that way since the '80s. But since you bring it up one has to wonder, with insistence on "new hire," if there isn't some "woe-is-me-I'm-a-new-hire-at-the-scab-airline, a professional pilot who has descended into the belly of the beast, when I get recalled I will tell you my war stories" going on.

I suppose it's time to capitulate for me though. That last media article (post 18) refers to the UAL pilot furloughees as from "United" but the CAL pilot furloughees as from United's "Continental subsidiary," with no mention that UAL pilots are even flying at the "subsidiary" now, as if all 1457 are still unemployed as pilots, as if Continental doesn't exist.

Oh, yea, it doesn't. Pretty clear since the planes aren't flying anymore.

I respect your position. About the article, you should address your concerns with it's author.

About the article, you should address your concerns with it's author.
I suppose that will come soon enough as the author says he's just quoting the UAL MEC, and the UAL MEC will be L-CAL's union reps in about six months.

Last edited:
Flop, live in your own darkness with your hypotheses if it make you feel better. UAL's history pales in comparison to the cutting of throats among the plethora of pilot groups that now make up CAL's seniority list. ...and you're worried about how L-UAL will treat your furloughees? You're wasting worries boss...

Talk about someone who thinks they are on a throne...

"Wasting worries"? Not at all. I'm just pointing out that if L-UAL had the better contract, and were being hauled down on pay and scope like the L-CAL guys are by your contract [anchor], you wouldn't even see fit to staple us! Much less give our furloughees a seat. It would be Frontier all over again. Not this time. This will hurt you a lot more than it hurts us CAL guys. Get ready to find out your sh't stinks just like the rest of the world.

Go ahead and act like an ass toward us CAL guys, you always have. But we're the ones who haven't betrayed the process and we're the ones who put your furloughed pilots back to work.

CAL sucks... I feel bad for the UAL furloughess that have to take the job!

Densoo, the insult was being hired at CAL 2005-2008 with no health ins for 6 months...

Shouldn't you be bitting a pilow somewhere?

Nice try. Try explaining this to the more than 600 former Eastern pilots hired at UAL. You often have valid points, this is not one of them.

Talk about someone who thinks they are on a throne...

"Wasting worries"? Not at all. I'm just pointing out that if L-UAL had the better contract, and were being hauled down on pay and scope like the L-CAL guys are by your contract [anchor], you wouldn't even see fit to staple us! Much less give our furloughees a seat. It would be Frontier all over again. Not this time. This will hurt you a lot more than it hurts us CAL guys. Get ready to find out your sh't stinks just like the rest of the world.

Go ahead and act like an ass toward us CAL guys, you always have. But we're the ones who haven't betrayed the process and we're the ones who put your furloughed pilots back to work.

Wow, i cant believe ( if u r) a cal pilot is on a high and mighty platform.
1. We treat our new hires and would treat ur furloughees with great brotherhood, class, and respect. If u dont know about our half wingers, ur just embarassing urself, so please stop spewing drivel.
2. Who has more prostitues and scabs ( it may be close but im pretty sure cal does)
3. Who would rather work harder than smarter
4. Who likes quality of life over W-2
5. U may make more per hr, but our retirement is way better, dont u have crappy and expensive insurance, oh , there went ur extra few bucks more per hour
6. How many widebodies did u have? How many planes did we park? Who made more $ ?
7. Are ur days off, really days off? Mine were! Noone makes me fly on them.
8. Its not a recall, its a job offer and it wasnt a merger, ual acquired cal for $23/ share
9. Hired not acquired ( just remember that)
10. About the only thing cal has on ual on is scope, congrats , but to that i retort, who is about to give up almost 50% of their current scope. Hint...its not ual! Lemme guess its all uals's fault?
11. Ual the contract anchor bringing cal down? Lol! One word, paybanding

The majority of both ual/cal guys are mostly nice and civil to each other( please dont ruin that), but if u talk with poor judgement, ill be the first to correct you. Lets not make this a ual vs cal thing bc Noone wins.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back