Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some UAL/CAL News (For Those Interested)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Furloughed80

Just in case anyone is interested, below is some recent (Aug 20) information from the CPO:

5 787s arriving between now an January.

Between sUAL and sCAL orders for 100 787s (that includes options).

From 2012 to 2013 sCAL will receive 39 B737-900ERs.

sUAL will receive first of 50 B737-900ERs starting next year to replace 757s.

sUAL scheduled to take first of 100 737 MAXs starting in 2018; to replace A319 and A320.

WiFi installations to start this quarter. Fleet to be completed by 2015.

We are expecting a system bid at the end of this month.

Bid will add 10 787 Captain slots and 25 787 F/O slots.

12 furloughed pilots from UAL will be recalled on the sCAL side every week in October.

Says we are supposed to be hiring after the UAL guys arrive in October, but does not know the pace.

Hope that answers some questions.....

Last edited:
What does 12 UAL furloughs a week in October mean? UAL is going to furlough and CAL is going to hire? WTF

What does 12 UAL furloughs a week in October mean? UAL is going to furlough and CAL is going to hire? WTF

They are putting 12 new hires per week through training. The first class is 8/28. There will be a class just about every week until 10/30. After that, they don't know. This will get everyone on the UAL furlough list a class date if they opted to take the job.

Sorry, I see how that would be confusing to people not at UAL/CAL. It has been edited.

Thanks for the information. Any official word about hiring? Some of my friends from the CAL side believe the hiring off the street will start in the fall, any truth or confirmation about this rumor, or is it going to depend on how many UAL guys accept the recall?

I thought (was told) all the furloughed UAL guys that wanted positions at CAL were already there - as in already flying the line at CAL.

Any official word about hiring?

According to this CP, hiring to start after October. That's the only official word I have heard.

I thought (was told) all the furloughed UAL guys that wanted positions at CAL were already there - as in already flying the line at CAL.

From what I understand, all the letters have been sent. However, not all the recalls have completed or started training.

Thanks for the information. Any official word about hiring? Some of my friends from the CAL side believe the hiring off the street will start in the fall, any truth or confirmation about this rumor, or is it going to depend on how many UAL guys accept the recall?

First of all...it is not a recall.

It is an offer to go be a new hire at the bottom of the CAL list and get paid your previous UAL pay rate.

The last batch of 248 letters went out to the remainder of the furlough list. The weekly classes of 12 starting next week will get the 115 furloughed guys that accepted the job offer trained. The last start date scheduled right now is 10/30.

Beyond the 10/30 class is an unknown. It could be new hires off the street or it could be furloughed guys that changed their minds. All bets are off if a TA comes out. If the TA sucks and is sent back...that will be the determining factor in who fills the training spots...it could be new hires off the street.

First of all...it is not a recall.

It is an offer to go be a new hire at the bottom of the CAL list and get paid your previous UAL pay rate.

Testy Testy. Getting all hung up on what you want the UAL furloughies to be "classified" as?? If they were coming back to UA side what would they be?? Is there a United or Continental anymore? Last I checked it was all UCH.

As I stated somewhere else, "man this SLI is going to be fun."

Latest resources

Back