• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Delta/NWA route swaps......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RedRum - what? Your DC9 pilots are mixed with the 757/767 guys at my end of the list. That's at least (747SO, MD88B, A320B, 737B, 757/767B) four seats of promotions right off the bat.

How the flip did Delta guys make out on anything? This is really a sincere question because I've been seriously thinking of bailing for plan B. Some news that suggests that my anus' virginity is intact would be most welcome.

I expect the Company will get scope relief within two years. All they have ordered for replacement aircraft is RJ's. If the answer to that question is Alaska, well, do you want them getting what you just got? Wonder if the Allied Pilots Association is looking for some business?

Last edited:
RedRum - what? Your DC9 pilots are mixed with the 757/767 guys at my end of the list. That's at least (747SO, MD88B, A320B, 737B, 757/767B) four seats of promotions right off the bat.

How the flip did Delta guys make out on anything? This is really a sincere question because I've been seriously thinking of bailing for plan B. Some news that suggests that my anus' virginity is intact would be most welcome.

What always seems to get lost in this discussion is SENIORITY.

Where are most of the pilots senior to you? Are you senior to most of the MD88 FO pilots?

The only reason you are holding a B767ER is because you are JUNIOR. Look at the list! MD88 FO seats are more senior to you because QOL issues.

Don't mistake the fact that you are on the 767ER because you are more senior. You are no more entitled to a B767ER seat than I am a DC9 FO seat.

I am trying not to get personal here. Please believe this. I want to get along with everyone at Delta. You guys just need to know where you stand. I, as a 2000 new hire at NWA, am now JUNIOR to a 2007 new hire at Delta.

There is no problem with this from a ratio standpoint. You guys have a LOT of MD88 FOs senior to you that go for the quality of life. That's what this is all about. If I am senior enough to hold your 767ER after bif period 5, I will bid it. Personally I would rather be home with family and friends than commuting to NYC. Go ahead and bid the 767. You may be surprised.... you may end up in the same place. I am sure that is where you will be.

I hope this merger works out for everyone. Most likely it will.

Can't wait to work with you guys because I think you guys are all just like us in the long run.

Cheers,

RedRum,

We're a whole lot more like you used to be and you are a whole lot more like we used to be ... that's for sure.

Don't mistake the fact that you are on the 767ER because you are more senior. You are no more entitled to a B767ER seat than I am a DC9 FO seat.

Cheers,

The point is he is and has been flying this airplane. Although ACL is being very easy going about the fact he is getting bumped, had this merger not taken place the "jr guys" would continue flying the 767(ER). That will change after the merger and airplanes are moved around. You have reasons to be pissed but so do the jr Delta guys.

ACL's got reasons to like it up there and he knows few will join him. He's got it made and is young enough to wait the NWA side out.

His circumstance is better than what most folks have to deal with... and good for him. Superpilot 92 is going to make out on this deal well also. They are great guys - none of this is personal, but we can cheer for those who are going to make it good in this business.

ACL's got reasons to like it up there and he knows few will join him. He's got it made and is young enough to wait the NWA side out.

His circumstance is better than what most folks have to deal with... and good for him. Superpilot 92 is going to make out on this deal well also. They are great guys - none of this is personal, but we can cheer for those who are going to make it good in this business.

I agree. The thing that really stings is not only being bumped out of airplane but out of base where you have a house, friends, quality of life that you have built over several years. Its what you are used to. Due to the merger and no base/NB fences it royaly screws up the life of many Delta pilots for many years to come. I know Im not saying anything that hasnt already been said but it bares repeating. I still havent been able to come to terms with how badly this merger is going to screw up my and my families life over the next few years. For the record I voted no on the JCBA and felt the approach that was persued was continually giving the NWA MEC leverage we never should have let go of. That said we are where we are and trying to adjust.

I just choose to see a silver lining in it. I will probably bid MSP, so that some people that cannot move from ATL, get to stay. I prefer the commute there than NYC!

I agree. The thing that really stings is not only being bumped out of airplane but out of base where you have a house, friends, quality of life that you have built over several years. Its what you are used to. Due to the merger and no base/NB fences it royaly screws up the life of many Delta pilots for many years to come. I know Im not saying anything that hasnt already been said but it bares repeating. I still havent been able to come to terms with how badly this merger is going to screw up my and my families life over the next few years. For the record I voted no on the JCBA and felt the approach that was persued was continually giving the NWA MEC leverage we never should have let go of. That said we are where we are and trying to adjust.
Sedona - Your post really sums it up perfectly.

Last edited:
Sedona - Your post really sums it up perfectly.

I agree. Only wanted to work for Delta so I wouldn't have to commute. Now it looks like I'll be forced to do so in the next few years. Hopefully growth out of LAX, PDX, or SEA will help open up enough positions out west that everyone can be in the base they want to be and be happy. Once we have guys hitting age 65, everything will be fine until they change it to age 70. :)

I agree. Only wanted to work for Delta so I wouldn't have to commute. Now it looks like I'll be forced to do so in the next few years. Hopefully growth out of LAX, PDX, or SEA will help open up enough positions out west that everyone can be in the base they want to be and be happy. Once we have guys hitting age 65, everything will be fine until they change it to age 70. :)

Sad but true.
I think that there will be plenty of positions west of the Mississippi!

Latest resources

Back