• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Some Delta/NWA route swaps......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see a pattern. Just about every Delta pilot gains percentage increases throughout his/her career while just about every NWA pilot loses seniority percentages throughout his/her career. The list blatantly disregarded our attrition, and the Delta pilots get to benefit at our expense. It was an unfair award. The only consolation prize is maybe some NWA pilots will be able to bid to a better base or equipment very soon.

Who are you kidding? 70% of DAL pilots lost seniority power, plain and simple. As a 07 new hire, I am holding widebody with 100 hours a month may-oct. I was 187 numbers from holding captain, yes captain. All that is gone, thanks to NWA. Oh wait, maybe not, NWA will stay on their own equipment and bases, and we'll do the same. Yeah right, all you have to do is read a few posts to see NWA pilots asking all kind of questions about our, DAL, equipment and bases. How many DAL pilots have been asking about NWA equipment/bases, none, oh wait, ACL65, that's one

Who are you kidding? 70% of DAL pilots lost seniority power, plain and simple. As a 07 new hire, I am holding widebody with 100 hours a month may-oct. I was 187 numbers from holding captain, yes captain. All that is gone, thanks to NWA. Oh wait, maybe not, NWA will stay on their own equipment and bases, and we'll do the same. Yeah right, all you have to do is read a few posts to see NWA pilots asking all kind of questions about our, DAL, equipment and bases. How many DAL pilots have been asking about NWA equipment/bases, none, oh wait, ACL65, that's one

I'm sure there are a number of DAL guys/gals living in MSP, DTW or MEM or said general vicinity (2hr drive) that do not post on these forums that are probably drooling over the fact they might not have to catch a flight to and from work. Instead they'd take the Ford or Chevy down the interstate. I'm sure they'd take the less paying, old school DC-9 and drive to work, vice commuting to a 737-800.

Sure, Delta has better base locations. Although, people do actually live in the greater Detroit area. I was one of them, nice place to raise a family. I'm sure MSP is the same way.

All that is gone, thanks to NWA. Oh wait, maybe not, NWA will stay on their own equipment and bases, and we'll do the same. Yeah right, all you have to do is read a few posts to see NWA pilots asking all kind of questions about our, DAL, equipment and bases. How many DAL pilots have been asking about NWA equipment/bases, none, oh wait, ACL65, that's one

As the senior NWA guys and gals head south, you could always head north and bag that MD-88 Captain's slot much sooner than you think. Ice fishing just may be your thing. It wasn't for me hence the interest in new possibilities with Delta.

Yeah you probably won't find anyone asking about the NWA bases. It's a well known fact that our bases are cold and dark but their ours, well.... now yours.

I'm sure there are a number of DAL guys/gals living in MSP, DTW or MEM or said general vicinity (2hr drive) that do not post on these forums that are probably drooling over the fact they might not have to catch a flight to and from work. Instead they'd take the Ford or Chevy down the interstate. I'm sure they'd take the less paying, old school DC-9 and drive to work, vice commuting to a 737-800.

Sure, Delta has better base locations. Although, people do actually live in the greater Detroit area. I was one of them, nice place to raise a family. I'm sure MSP is the same way.

Yep, A little less than 1% of the premerger Delta pilot group.

As the senior NWA guys and gals head south, you could always head north and bag that MD-88 Captain's slot much sooner than you think. Ice fishing just may be your thing. It wasn't for me hence the interest in new possibilities with Delta.

Yeah you probably won't find anyone asking about the NWA bases. It's a well known fact that our bases are cold and dark but their ours, well.... now yours.

I concur there will be a lot of opportunities for those of either pre-merger group who want to domicile out of DTW or MSP, especially for those who live there.

I'm sure there will be due consideration given by the mid-90's FNWA hires not to bid what their seniority can hold post SOC so as not to cause any whining by 07' FDAL hires.......:smash:

Last edited:
Who are you kidding? 70% of DAL pilots lost seniority power, plain and simple. As a 07 new hire, I am holding widebody with 100 hours a month may-oct. I was 187 numbers from holding captain, yes captain.

Seniority numbers or numbers ahead of you on a preference list? Reserve JFK? Pass unless you already live there......

Please, don't bid the horrible FNWA bases, or the awful 330, 320, or God forbid, the old, cold, moldy DC9. I assure you the $143/hr it pays is not near as green as the same pay in ATL or JFK.

Last edited:

Please, don't bid the horrible FNWA bases, or the awful 330, 320, or God forbid, the old, cold, moldy DC9. I assure you the $143/hr it pays is not near as green as the same pay in ATL or JFK.

Oh don't worry, I won't, or, for that matter, the guys I talk to, and the guys they talk to want nothing from NWA. We just want to keep our A/C and bases. Can you say the same? The fact of the matter is NWA ended up way ahead on this SLI. Let's just hope the largest AEs are before SOC, I know that sucks for you guys, and you will probably try to file a griveance to delay it. After all that, enjoy our equipment and bases, your union did a heck of job for you all, I wish I could say the same thing about my union.

I concur there will be a lot of opportunities for those of either pre-merger group who want to domicile out of DTW or MSP, especially for those who live there.

NWA is not DAL. I am hoping the NWA folks living on base will stay put. As far as DAL pilots taking over your bases, and drooling over jumping on A330, A320, or DC9, don't worry, we won't, well maybe the 20 or 25 guys who enjoy the -30 degrees temperature you all just had..... Can you say the same about NWA pilots? No, you can not. At the first opportunity you all have you'll be displacing a bunch of DAL pilots, and feel really proud for sticking it to DAL

I'm sure there will be due consideration given by the mid-90's FNWA hires not to bid what their seniority can hold post SOC so as not to cause any whining by 07' FDAL hires.......:smash:

Whining 07 RDAL hire who was expecting to upgrade within 2 years, less than 200 numbers from Cpt right now, before they shoved this merger down our throats. The stagnation will be thanks to your pilot group for at least 5 years. 1000 retirements are nothing in a 12000+ pilot group, if I am lucky to keep my job.

I got to go, December 29th ATL at 9:00PM is about 50 degrees and I am having a bbq, you enjoy your ice fishing.

Not planning on it unless I get displaced.... nor are the vast majority of DAL pilots.

The fact is that we are going to see alot of NWA pilots bidding to DAL bases ASAP...especially ATL and LAX.

Latest resources

Back